Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I can't believe the forum has let me back on!!!

Arkie John

It has gotten to about every 15 minutes of even less, the forum just kicks me off. I try to get back on and it asks me for my username and password. I give it and it says there is another user using my username and there is no way of getting around it.

I've been through this oh so many times before and so I just gave up attempting to communicate on this forum or any findsmall forums. Just got tired of the constant bs.

SO, I try today to do a little lurking and it doesn't even ask me to sign on. Figure that one out whydoncha.

And sometimes, it lets me on and everything looks fine, I write a story and then when I try to post it, it says I have to sign in and the vicious circle continued....until I just bowed out gracefully. If this post makes it to the forum...it will be a surprise to me.

Life's too short for unnecessary worry. <><

aj

aj calling story forum: testing; one, two, three

it has never happened. Does it happen with more than one computer for you?

It sounds like something is cleaning out your cookies. I am not a puter geek but it sounds like your cookies are getting cleared out and that is where the information is stored. Maybe you have it set to clear cookies at sign off or something.

Click on Contact Us and tell Bill your problem and he might be able to guide you. I am sure it is something on your end.

It can sure get frustrating!

Maybe George or Wayne cane help. They are better at this stuff than I am for sure

try getting on using Firefox or Google Chrome. They are free browsers. That will let you know if it is the browser at fault. I sure doubt it is Findmall but what do I know?:shrug:

had any other issues with your puter? Problems with other web sites? Maybe try logging out, doing a disc clean up then logging back in.
Yep send Bill a PM about the problem.
Let me know if you have other problems and what OS and browser you are using.

Explorer Browser. I deleted it and re installed it, actually its a default mode to reinstall it from Mr Gates I think. Anyhow, it worked.
I also run 4 browsers, Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Netscape. Each has a feature I like better than another and anything that gets me away from Microsoft is better yet.

Geo-CT

...I was basically pointing the finger at the forum. But I KNOW it is in my computer. It is a silly dial-up. When I was a working stiff, :clsoedeyes: I never had problems at the office with it.

Regardless, it is frustrating. Tom had the same problem and does not have NEAR the patience as I, so he just gave it ALL up (I mean all computers (the old fart) ) :lol:

I'll have to see if Virginia or one of the kids messed with the default here and has it to where the cookies are being cleaned.

Thanks for all of you guy's comments here. I'll get back up to snuff soon.

aj