Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I bought a Red Heat XD-17 micro today

congradulation! i am have one too. but i am don't know how right adjust this detector. how adjust ground balance and what the 2 trimer under battery.

There should still be a few video's on Youtube. If not I think Dino still has his and should be able to help. If he can't be located on Finds check on the Friendly Forum.

Unfortunately Vic died a few years back so no spares or backup except perhaps in Holland (think I was told a Dutch bloke bought up all the remaining stock/spares).

thank you. detctor work fine, but i am interesting how better use this detector? under buttery have 2 trimer, one for adjust sensitivity and one for 13ghz coil adjust. maybe sombody know how it is work? i manual no information about this. and ground balance, how make ground balance better, step by step. maybe sombody know. thankyou

jugla3 said:
thank you. detctor work fine, but i am interesting how better use this detector? under buttery have 2 trimer, one for adjust sensitivity and one for 13ghz coil adjust. maybe sombody know how it is work? i manual no information about this. and ground balance, how make ground balance better, step by step. maybe sombody know. thankyou

I dont own this particular detector, but i dont think you should touch the two trimmers, because without the technical knowledge, you can really mess the normal operation of the detector.:stretcher:

yes i know. and i am interesting how this work. i am read one reviews wen man adjust this trimer. but befor do this, mark original position. i don't know how used correctly ground balance on this detectors, maybe you know how?

Way to hijack my post,If my machine comes with a manual I will post what I can. I suspect the only man who knows what the trimmers do is no longer with us. I think I will leave them alone. If I dont get a manual does anyone have one we can copy or scan? I would like to have a look at it before my machine arrives.

i am have manual. but too short. to explain everthing. just basic explanation. were you are find this metal. ?

See if Dino will send you a photocopy of the manual. Then go to www.garysdetecting.co.uk and send Gary an e-mail via his link. I think ??? it was him who told me about the spares going to Holland.
Best of luck. If I can find a useful field test I'll let you know.

UK Brian said:
See if Dino will send you a photocopy of the manual. Then go to www.garysdetecting.co.uk and send Gary an e-mail via his link. I think ??? it was him who told me about the spares going to Holland.
Best of luck. If I can find a useful field test I'll let you know.
How do I find Dino,I searched for messages by author he didnt show up.I will look on friendly forum. This other fellow sparked my curiousity. how do you ground balance a silent search machine if it doesnt have an all metal mode?

This is why we should all buy detectors with a ground balance (and because its abouty twenty years since I last did this....hopefully someone will clarify my ramblings!)

You need a ferrite core or ring as ferrite near a coil simulates a ground phase of 0.

Ground in most cases ranges from 0 to minus 4 or minus 5 degrees. If you adjust the trimmer to around plus 0.5 the detector will not seem to respond to the ground. In fact it is but the ground effect is causing a reduction/null in the audio which you can't hear as your using a silent search detector. Larger ferrous and non ferrous creates a rise in the audio allowing you to find find metal as long as the trimmer has not been set too negative ie if you set to minus 6 from the point where metal sounds off and a small gold ring can only create a plus five or six the rise in response is still going to be in the silent audio section so you would not hear it. Anyway thats the theory !

I got it today,the manual says run the ground on the preset for discrim mode. Which is the only choice you have on the micro I guess. This thing is alot like a gold bug se without the vco audio just hard clear beeps instead of chirps and squeaks and whines. I like it,22 cartridge brass sounds like a beer can. I found a pocket full today, I need to get this thing over a half pence or some colonial silver.