Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Bought a Metal Detector for My Boy

TinaD103

I bought a MD-1007A kid's studying metal detecting locator for my 8 yr old son who wanted a "real" metal detector for birthday. After checking many information I settled on this one. We live on a few acres so we weren't sure what would happen. We did plant a few coins which he found right away and then he started to find other items! Even buried 3-5 inches deep! This was very cool and pretty soon the other "boys" wanted to join in (my husband and Dad too). We found old nails, cans, some kind of tool part, etc. For the price, this is a very fun and easy to use toy/tool. I would recommend it for the amateur out-for-fun person, not a serious, I am looking for treasure person.
md1007a-kids-studying-metal-detecting-locator-95100048-620x620-15.jpg

That's really cool!!! A warning though the "Amateur Out-4-Fun Person" might quickly turn into a Serious Treasure Hunter :) With 3 acres you have a lot of ground to cover. Let him take it to the park one afternoon and let us know what he finds..... Great Gift

-- moved topic --

Sounds like you need to buy a couple more detectors and make it a family affair, my two bothers and myself have a lot of fun going metal detecting and sharing in on our finds. A lot of times when we find a target before we dig we'll have the other guy come over and check out the same target and then we'll dig it up and see what it is, a lot of great times.

Welcome to the forum and good to see you posting and of course good luck detecting.

This is of course just my personal opinion but something just does not seem right about this post,in theory it sounds like the perfect beginning scenario into detecting with the whole family getting involved and also family and friends etc,but the wording in this 1st post does seem a little sales oriented and with links to the sales page and also a decent image of the product.It just seems to perfect for a mother to be able to provide the perfect detector to make the whole family happy,when the normal 1st time buyer just does not have a basic clue about what to look for in a detector or even get using it as professional straight out the box.

Of course i could well be totally wrong and i hope it is the perfect scenario,but i still reckon something does not add up with this one,the 1st post sounds like a very slick sales post mentioning all the attributes of detecting,that is the bit that does not stack up.