Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I bet with a little practice with my Bow I could hit these suckers :D

Royal

I went out to toss some corn and these guys came right in. They were about 6 ft from where I was standing. One got within 4 ft but was a bit leery.
[attachment 109352 Turkey-1.jpg]
[attachment 109353 Turkey-2.jpg]

[attachment 109394 Turkey-3.jpg]

I would probably never kill a turkey because frankly, I don't like turkey, never did. Mary thought I was nuts but at Thanksgiving I prefer chicken or ham or even Mac and Cheese over turkey.

My buddy has 60 acres near us and has invited me over to deer hunt and I have never gone. I love to eat venison and will at every chance, I just love the liver. Some of my deer hunting friends save me the liver and heart. Nobody is gonna hunt on my 4 acres here though.

I asked Randy, the county Sheriff that lives across the street if it was legal to hunt here and he said sure. The problem he said is that it would probably really upset the neighbors that feed them if they died in their yard. I can not blame them. We had a pair of two bucks here a couple years ago. I found one dead in our pines out back in the spring. Randy said he thought it had been hit by an arrow over in state land. I have no problem with that. It is legal and it is a renewable recourse.

I let it rot out and in early summer checked it out with my detector and found the rifle slug in it. Randy and another neighbor were surprised as they were sure it was an arrow. It didn't bother me as a deer is a deer but Mary was pizzed. I told her it was not killed on our property and was legally shot, just a shame it was wasted. Well not really, crows and ravens had a ball.

On my property I prefer setting on the deck watching deer and turkey, eating hamburger that eating venison and turkey and watching squirrels. :D

Actually I would prefer eating squirrel to eating turkey anyway. Even possum or muskrats :D

n/t