Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I believe my best hunt yet with my Equinox...

fwcrawford

I went to a local park a few days ago hoping to find another hotel tag like I found last week, but sure wasn't expecting these finds.
I found 3 civil war era union buttons, 3 wheat pennies dated 1916,1917, and 1920, and two IH cents dated 1859 and 1865.
The union buttons are a New York button, a Calvary button, and an Artillery button.
I also found two civilian buttons.. one flat button and one two piece button.
I did find a wreath part of the tongue and wreath buckle and a pewter I button a few years ago at this park also..
may have more history than what I first thought after these finds.
All items found in a small area due to high grass.
I see the Equinox is also good at finding relics also.
Thanks for looking!!

Also nice find

You are burning it up Felix!! Super finds and I’m glad you went back to the location. I wonder what else is waiting for you ? :detecting:

As best as I can recall, it read about 16 on my 800. I remember it was a low reading, but after finding a couple buttons, I figured I better dig it.. glad I did
The 1865 read about 20 when I got over it.

I think your getting the hang of this new machine there buddy!!!!! Looks like you might have found a new friend :) Congrats on the great digs!!!!! I wish we had the history around here like you do there. Not as easy to find those kind of goodies Congrats Felix!!!!!!

Mike K

I was using park 1, F2 at 0, sens at 23, and 50 tones.
And moving slow..... all of these finds had been missed many times by myself and others.
All found in an area about 8 x 20 feet.
Earthlypotluck gave me some me tips and pointers that he learned from using his Equinox.
Slow speed and slow recovery speed is key to deeper finds.

Thanks Felix! Those settings along with a recovery speed of 4 have been really helping me find deeper finds. Keep up the great finds!!

That was a great hunt!