Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

i am trying to make up my mind - i need a few answers

last year i bought F75, found it to be a great detector, light, fast, deep, swung great and i am still amazed at the battery life. - what else could one want.

then the e-trac rolls out and i have been minelab kinda guy forever, the f75 was my first ever dirt heater.

i traded the f75 and got new track.....................after about a month i hated it. found it to be fast, deep and worked great, but it was heavy like my old exp II i had way back when, battery did not last long and did not swing as well as the f75 - traded the etrac and now have f75 again.

never owned any white's but did get to use moutain man's MXT last year, but do not remember much about the above.

ALL YOU FELLAS THAT HAVE THE VISION, HOW DOES IT COMPARE TO ETRAC OR EXP II IN THE ABOVE

i know is is designed kinda like the f75 somewhat,so it should swing great and .......................and is the answer i am searching

Hey Gravedigger! rotator cuff surgery is expensive how much you going to sell that E tank for? he he I say laughing...Whites have always been light and fast but I think Im looking for the BIG JABRONEE as it works great in my area and I have a swing thingy that helps ( now that my rotator is screwed up) and if you think your going to let it go send me a mess with a price would ya?

That was a 1854C $5 Gold coin. Gold and Diamonds pay for detectors majority of the time not coins. So if that dog don't hunt on the wet salt sand and down here and give good ID at past 8"s I don't need it. There is only a few things that matter to me. Depth, Correct ID at Depth, separation of targets in the iron and trash. The most embarrassing thing that can be said to you when someone is hunting behind you is "Oh Sir I think you missed this one." You go over to the target they have located and you can't even hear it. :thumbdown: :rage: . I am the one that loves to say that. :rofl: :D: :D: . I am going to wait till I can hear how dependable and reliable the Targets are in the Trigger forward position. so Come On Bill Get them Shorts on and get to the beach or at least to a park and get some Gold Targets under the coil in the dirt. :D: :D: HH Max Jerry aka Tinfoil

I would say nothing compares to the f75 for battery life. My E-Track gets better depth and much better in the salt. I use rechargables and have about 3 dozen so battery life does not concern me.
I have a Vision on order should be here the end of the week I hope. I like to play with settings and with the 22.5 feq it should be hot on gold i plan on making it my beach detector and may relic hunt with it a good bit. I like that it has so many adjustments kind of like designing your own detector. Will be harder to swing than the F75 for sure it is the most comforatable detector i have used.
Will give you my honest opinion of it when i get it. Should be soon and I will need some time to play with it before I can decide if it is the detector for me.
Just looks fun to play with so if i ain't finding anything i will at least have some settings and buttons to play with. :twodetecting:

Hi Jason,

"Just looks fun to play with so if i ain't finding anything i will at least have some settings and buttons to play with"

I like your attitude. And I'll be interested in hearing what you think. I'm not avoiding the E-Trac versus Vision question - it is that I really do not know. I tried an E-Trac and it was just not my cup of tea. Not knocking the machine. It just did not resonate with me. Bottom line is I never used it enough to be able to comment intelligently on it.

For a lot of what I do most any decent detector will work. I say I'm hunting jewelry but the reality is I guess I'm an aluminum hunter. I just go dig aluminum for an hour and if that's all I find that's ok casue I'm having fun. And sure no lack of targets out there as the coin people are good enough to pass on all that aluminum - and gold. So I'm looking for a machine that feels right and sounds right and can be adjusted the way I like.

I can't wait for the snow to melt. I'm putting the Bigfoot on the Vision, going to use 22.5 kHz only with normalization off to expand the gold range, and go dig aluminum!

Steve Herschbach

Thanks Steve

I just like new toys. The more buttons and bells to play with the better for me.
I have had all of the high end detectors found a bunch of gold at the beach
with my DFX and bigfoot coil in years past. The vision should be even better
on gold.

I had the DFX for about 5 years thought i had got all I could out of it so i sold it.
Like to learn a detector and then i will move on alot of times. just sold my DFX
and got the E-Track the week they came out. Just cant help my self if it is new
and top of the line i have to try it. Like the E-Track it has its ups and downs
but once you learn it you can pull some deep targets.

The Vision looks like the ultimate detector to me. Will be like designing your own
detector for what you want to find. Sounds to good to be true. i am sure I will have
fun with it and that is what it is all about.

Jason

The F-75 is a breeze to swing. The Vision (don't know the weight) feels heavier but feels balanced and easy to swing - although I haven't been out on any long swing times, the balance feels good and easy - 1st impressions so far. The EX-II feels so front end heavy to me for extended periods - and the Sun Ray probe mounted all forward adds to that. But it has sucked me up some deep silver.

I run my machines so the shaft lengths are not outreached - closer to the feet - shortened makes it easier on me during longer periods.

The weight is about 4.6 lbs. Almost the same as the DFX and the balance is great.

The Vision weighs just as much as the E-Trac, but the balance is different. I found that on my first day out it was pulling at a muscle in my lower left back that I don't use very much. By the end of the day I was seriously in pain, but I think that muscle just needs exercise. I haven't found out how the battery life compares, but you have plenty of time to charge it up in the morning with the new quick charger. This in itself will degrade the battery quicker (less charge cycles), but I haven't compared battery pack prices yet. I just bought a ton of rechargeable Duracells for a great price so I'm not too concerned either.