Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am giving it another try, macro flower photography..............

Kelley (Texas)

Recently, I got a new camera, a Canon A720is which has a macro mode built into it. This camera tested great when I took pictures of old buildings and other outdoor type pictures, so I figured I would again try my hand at macro photography. I decided to try to take a few closeups of my prize flower rather than a bug...bugs move around, flowers don't. Say, every time I ever tried to take a macro bug picture, I would end up getting emotional at the bug because it would not stay still long enough to have it's picture taken...in the end I would either hit it with a fly swatter or spray it with some bug killer. In any event, I decided to take a few pictures of a potted flower plant. I have maybe a half dozen flowers in potted clay pots, but three of the flowers are dead and would not make a very good picture, especially the two that no longer have any leaves on them. As a result, I decided to take a picture of my favorite flower that I bought last August at The Bargain Barn. Also, I do not know the name of this flower because the little popcycle stick that had the name printed on it is missing, possibly the dog might have gotten it, who knows for sure. I hope you enjoy the pictures. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 117031 MacroFlower_3.jpg]

[attachment 117032 MacroFlower_2.jpg]

pictures posted to quite compare to them. Well one of your other plant pictures was a close runner up. Good work!!

It does have thorns like a cactus, but it also has leaves like a flower plant. When I bought the flower, there was a Popsicle stick type marker in the pot with the name of the flower, but I think my dog must have chewed it. Tomorrow, I will look around the back yard and see if I can find it. Thanks for reading my Post. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Evidently, that last camera was not a good camera for taking macro pictures...made my pictures look bad. This new camera helped make these flower pictures look much better. Also, I think that with this flower being my favorite flower, it sorta encouraged me to take a better picture. Royal, I need to let the cat out of the bag, I really do not know much about flowers, and I figure that I best come clean. What is funny is that anyone that sees these two pictures would never know it. Again, thanks for the compliment and encouragement...you are lighting a fire under me to take a few more for posting on this Forum. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

the bugs have been eating the leaves, possibly they would hold still while dining on your favorite plant long enough for you to take their picture?
Now a score like that would be worth sacrificing a few leaves huh?:)

n/t

that is the first one I ever saw looking like that that was not dead.

You have an eye for stuff like that!

Nice pictures. I'd hate to accidentally grab that by the stalk. I've never seen a plant like that.

Nancy

likes them all ugly green and with those goofy flowers on them. She leaves Fred to tend them and his real talent shows. He knows the secret and ain't sharing it with no dang girlie thing. She messes the plants up with water and sun. Fred treats them like mushrooms which is the secret to his success. That and the fact that he found that if you don't give them water they will not get all those ugly growths on them, some call them flowers and they will get a nice shade of Texas brown.

I hope Fred will not be mad for me giving out his secret to success!!

n/t

I will confess that I do not know much about raising flowers, sorry for trying to bluff you folks. I do know where I could get some help in raising a few flowers...across the street, a few houses towards the corner. However, I would have to wait until Debbie leaves to play Bingo some Sunday afternoon. This woman is always working in her yard and tending to her flower beds...ask any man on this street and they will tell you the same thing. At this time, it is probably best that I shove the macro flower photography hobby to the back burner and go back to taking pictures on some of the backroads of South Texas. Kelley (Texas) :)

taking some pictures of the neighbor lady tending her flowers. Maybe a macro or two would be in order. Something to think about. Err, I imagine you have already thought about it :D

one that I could find with flowers at the time the pictures were taken. Is this the purty lady's house? You see the flowers in the front yard? In fact from the pictures and the look of them it seems you might have been tending them for the little neighbor lady and even took the picture. Good man:thumbup:

[attachment 117254 Disit.jpg]

nah i didn't rat you out! Royal had a very good idea if that was the School teacher gal:thumbup: