Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am getting heat from my old fellow church goers........

warthog

For expressing my opinion on my stand against abortion,and most recently,my opinion on these people going out on the ice when they have been told not to.He said people do things to risk their lives every day,that's why they are called 'heroes'........Well,these 'heroes' are taking kids way out on this ice,and if my words wake someone up,that is a good thing.Better to take a chance and warn somebody,than stick yer head in the sand,because someone is going to label you as judgemental and a finger pointer......I dont want to be in the position 'Wish I'd said something,now it's too late'.....Folks can be told with love and concern about some things,but there are ones out there that display such a lack of common sense and concern for themselves or others,they need to be told,in my opinion..........Heroes are those that save others from burning cars or buildings,NOT taking foolish chances with our lives or other's lives,like these ones that drive their vehicles out onto the ice,with kids in the vehicle.REAL GOOD ROLE MODEL,THERE......:wacko:...No,I will not apologize for saying something about what everybody should already know......Warthog Steve....

That guy you were talking to is confused.

Heroes isn't I would call them at all & especially if there taking littles ones out on the ice with them. Unfortunately there are too many people that don't use the common sense God gave them. All we can do is pray for people like that.

Yes, as kids we took chances and did stupid stuff on our own...don't need parents showing us more stupid stuff. It's a parents job to keep the children safe and out of harms way.

We all have to grow up sometime.I have always thought going out on the ice in ANY FASHION was a bad idea......Up in Bay City,in Michigan,there is an annual ice fishing tournament called 'Shiver on the river' on the Saginaw River.Guys I worked with told me thay seen guys on that ice,within 100 feet of open water,A RIVER,mind you,with a 15 knot current year round.You go thru there,under the ice ya go,clean out into Saginaw Bay,ending up being found only Lord knows where......:surrender::sadwalk::(.....

Of not speaking out on given subjects,so as not to look judgmental to others.......Since I have started speaking my opinion on certain subjects,they have called me judgmental,my nephew,who probably has never been to Church,called me a 'hypocritical Christian,pointing the finger at others '.......I never said I was perfect,but I will NOT hold back from calling it what it is,......What if some guy had read my advice against going way out on the ice,and decided yes,it is a bad thing to do,and did not do it???Same with the big 'A' topic.If some woman was looking for an answer on whether or not and she read these words speaking out against it,and decided NO was the answer,wouldn't that be better than keeping yer mouth closed,trying not to offend???WAAAAAY TOO MANY,IN MY OPINION,have taken the 'say nothing' road,just to be P.C.,or to avoid being labelled as a finger pointer,or a hypocrite.YES,LOVE ALL PEOPLE AS JESUS SAYS,does not mean to turn a blind eye to every sin under the sun.........ACCOUNTABILITY,is what it's all about........Steve.

way too many Christians are falling for the lie that a good Christian should not confront, discern, comment or criticize. We're told a Christian should "just pray" or just talk about it in Sunday School. I have a good friend who had to leave his church because the denomination(Disciples of Christ) have started allowing homosexual ministers to lead congregations. He tried to reason with the local church board about how they should stand against this and very few even agreed. He was shocked mainly at how most of the board members just sat there without saying a word. It was hard for him. It's good he left though. That denomination does not deserve his attendance and offerings. Just because a denomination is called "Christian", that doesn't make it something that God wants supported. I say pull out of the groups that don't respect the Bible and let them hopefully wither away. Support a group that does respect the Bible!

n/t