Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I am beginning to have BIG doubts as to these hotels in the Mackinaw area......

warthog

When we got to this latest hotel in St.Ignace,we were informed the pool was down,crews were working on it.......NATURALLY,the access to the pool is in the exact same area where the closest entrance is to my room,and for two days now,when we leave,one of the trucks from that construction Co. Is blocking the ONLY parking spot closest to our door to our room when we come back,forcing us to walk all the way across the ice and snow filled parking lot.I called management,was told 'they HAVE TO BE THERE,THEY ARE WORKING ON THE POOL!',I told her-as I have told them since I made these reservations-I am disabled,and CANNOT AFFORD TO FALL,BECAUSE I HAVE TO WALK TWICE AS FAR,THE REASON BEING THEY ARE BLOCKING THE PARKING SPOT I NEED!!!'.......Tomorrow,if this happens,I will bypass the front desk,and go right to the police.........This morning,one of the fools from that construction Co. Parked his truck so close to my car door,I had a great struggle getting into my car,and they all just stood there looking at me.......WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY??Last year,it was another hotel in Mackinaw City we had trouble with,this year,St.Ignace........I reported the hotel in Mackinaw City to Americans with Disabilities office,just to be told they are not going to follow up,they don't have the manpower to see to them all,yay........So:Tomorrow,if I see any problems,I will be calling the police in,and let them deal with it,and I will call that Co. working onpool,and file a complaing with them,too.

We always use trip advisor before reserving a room. You can see what everyone who has stayed there is saying. They also do attractions etc...