Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I almost let the devil win today........:sadwalk:

warthog

Ihave been sick lately,blood pressure issues,a nasty bug of some kind,too.I let my stepson know,I needed help running the snowblower,raking the roof,etc,yesterday,and got no help at all,from him or my wife.So,I did all of that this morning,plus took out garbage,nobody else could or would do- Then I got in my van and LEFT.......Was gone for about 4 hours.Came back and told my wife 'I am sick,hurting and wanting help,and get NONE.I tell ya: I ENJOYED,the 4 hour break,no tasks to do,NO DEMANDS.THIS HAS GOT TO STOP.I NEED HELP DOING THINGS,AND IF I DONT GET THIS HELP,I AM LEAVING FOR GOOD!'....I mean it,too.My nerves are a mess,because of needing help and being sick and hurting,and having to do it anyway....Prayers,please,that this changes..........

When you let them know you need help....make sure that they help you...don't let it slide...stay on their behinds so to speak until they do what you ask but don't threaten just talk to them reasonably but sincerely! Please don't even think about divorce, for you've already been through one and remember how tough and horrible it was for you and probably everyone! They know they can get by without doing anything for you just give up and do it yourself....so they just let you! :angel: Ma

Prayers for you brother. I understand the 'son issue' all too well. I finally decided to just let it go and get help from elsewhere.

I agree that the step son needs to go unless he is under 18 and in school .Then be sure to pray about what you want to say before you do so. Say it in love. I will be praying.

Obviously trying to get rid of the stepson isn't the solution. You went into the relationship knowing the situation. It's not you place to try and change it now. Why not try being friends with him? Steer him in the right direction. Find out what he enjoys and use that information to get him in a school somewhere. Even offer for you and the wife to pay if his grades are over a certain level. it might not happen right away, might even take a year or 2, but if your in it for the long haul wouldn't this be the correct answer ? if all else fails start charging a small rent fee just to get him accustomed to life as an adult

I pray that you show him Jesus' light shining forth in you to lead him out of darkness and onto the straight and narrow road that leads him to do good and be a help to others and have everlasting life with Jesus! Amen!