Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting in ttf ?

ds6191

I tried to hunt in ttf for a brief time and I had a question. Will iron still make the etrac false? I had a couple holes where I thought I had a possible signal hiding near the iron and all I came up with was the iron. If iron still makes the etrac false what are the benefits of ttf? Maybe I'm just dense but I thought the reason some ran ttf was to get everything that wasn't iron? Or is it a fact that no matter how you hunt your going to get the falsing from iron ? Thanks Dan

Depends whether you've discriminated out iron in the pattern that you are using. If you have, it will null (background hum becomes silent). TTF has nothing to do with discriminating out the iron, it just changes the sound/pitch of the targets. If you have Andy's book, it explains it very nicely.

this site here explains it very well: http://goes4ever.mymdforum.com/minelab-etrac/

IF you have any questions about it after reading this...just ask. Goes4Ever is very active on these boards or you can shoot him a PM.

BarberDan said:
this site here explains it very well: http://goes4ever.mymdforum.com/minelab-etrac/

IF you have any questions about it after reading this...just ask. Goes4Ever is very active on these boards or you can shoot him a PM.

BarberDan, thanks so much for the link. I did not know that Terry had this site. Looks like I'm going to be spending the next couple days reading.

Dan, Falsing is usually the result of running too much sensitivity, sweeping the coil too quickly or the "rebound audio response" created by target blanking. As a member of Minelab's TreasureTalk team, I wrote an article a year ago entitled "E-TRAC - Two Tone Ferrous... unlocking the "mystery" The two-part blog post explains how TTF might improve your hunts in areas with a lot of iron targets, and why. Here are the links to the blog, which appear on Minelab's website:

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/e-trac-two-tone-ferrous-unlocking-the-mystery-part-1

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/e-trac-two-tone-ferrous-unlocking-the-mystery-part-2

HH Randy

Personally, I don't have much luck with TTF. It still falses on nail heads like crazy. Yes, I am swinging slowly. I would just as soon use my AT Pro in heavy iron, as to deal with all the nails I dig using TTF.

G2M

in the fields I hunt with 12+ iron hits per swing, TTF is the ONLY option and I pull a LOT of goodies out trust me! I will be making two big posts tonite from last several field hunts in ALL TTF

I'm in the same boat as Greek2Me. I've tried just about every possible setup for TTF and still get the same false'ing from iron I get in normal multi-tone. Just this weekend I got what I was sure was a iron false on a deep(9") target so I thought I'd test it in TTF. I use the exact setup I got off Beeps site. It gave the same false positive just at a mid-tone instead of a high peep. Of course all positives have a mid-tone. At least in multi-tone I can usually spot the iron false'ing from the high peep.

Digger said:
Dan, Falsing is usually the result of running too much sensitivity, sweeping the coil too quickly or the "rebound audio response" created by target blanking. As a member of Minelab's TreasureTalk team, I wrote an article a year ago entitled "E-TRAC - Two Tone Ferrous... unlocking the "mystery" The two-part blog post explains how TTF might improve your hunts in areas with a lot of iron targets, and why. Here are the links to the blog, which appear on Minelab's website:

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/e-trac-two-tone-ferrous-unlocking-the-mystery-part-1

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/e-trac-two-tone-ferrous-unlocking-the-mystery-part-2

HH Randy

Just finished reading your article(s), and it confirmed what I was thinking. I generally hunt a trashy park loaded with pull-tabs, crushed cans, twist caps, etc. Running the E-Trac in TTF wouldn't benefit me at all there. However, I'm heading to an old rail yard today with the idea that it'll be loaded with nails and other iron junk from the turn of the century that I'm not looking to [hear]. I'll switch over to TTF for this hunt because as you stated in your article, using TTF or TTC is site specific, and a preference only. Thanks for the great read! -Ron

its a price we pay on the etrac every machine has its thing that is annoying and the odd rap around is a small price to pay for its silver sniffing ability's every bit of iron i have thought was coin has had plenty of rust with a bit missing somewhere my guess is that's how it gets fooled.

what i heard in diggers TTF posts was that its not TTF that finds the goodies its opening up the screen :biggrin: it helps because you just have to slow down :detecting: slow and steady wins the race isnt that what they say?

BP

Is there falsing in TTF? Yes there is however, it is much easier to detect than multi falsing. I have just had one of the most successful hunts I ever had using TTF with a modified pattern. I have used TTf before with Goes4ever's pattern and had little success due to the frustration of all the iron tones and falsing(don't get me wrong, it's a great pattern, but for my area, it wasn't for me). By using the modified pattern i made, I was able to really discern the falsing from the good targets. I will post the hunt from that day as soon as I find away to get pics to me PC.

B