Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting in trashy area???

TNBob

Guys: Yesterday I hunted an old farmhouse yard with my Excal 2 and it seemed to be very trashy. I was getting alot of blip signals that sounded like tones with some discrimination quiet. Some of the targets would pickup good tones on one sweep but not at 90 degrees. I found quite a few good targets with high tones that turned out to be coins and dug them out. I didnt dig every target because of the presence of gravel and depth. Some targets turned out to be aluminum or some other non-ferrous metal. I need some tips in detecting a virgin trashy area with the Excal. We also found a nice silver spoon at the 1800s log cabin site.
Bob

Get a good sharp digging tool :wiggle: If you found a good site it can take days to go through it and lots of digging. We have a site were working on that is loaded with spots of babbit that ring up like a silver half dollar but we dig and we dig because thats what it takes. We made a good digging tool out of about a foot of heavy 4 inch tubing and a 3 ft handle so we dont have to make a huge hole but will go through gravel and rocks like a post hole digger or half of one.
Sounds like your having pretty good luck so just find a good tool to make the recovery easier.
Good Luck
Grumpy