Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting in the SUMMER?????

jcham

I purchased my Excalibur in Nov 2006 and havent had the pleasure of hunting the beaches in the summer and spring. Has anyone been given any problems in relation to hunting around bathers? Are we subject to hunting only mornings and evenings. I took my DFX to the beach once and was told I had to wait untill 5pm to do any hunting and am courious about the water hunting. Thank-you

Jamie

late afternoon being best as swimmers leave best time for loot!! get it while its fresh!!...these times your less likely to have problems also.

Very few people at night, id say 1/5 here at night are drunks (Virginia Beach), but drunks dont seem to like going in water, or looking at bright lights on your head, so they keep their distance. Its nice at night, moon or stars out, nobody to bother you, so you can concentrate on hunting alot better. HH

Keep your distance as much as possible, be friendly. Keep moving, don't 'hover" over sunbathers.
If someone asks you to look for something lost, make some sort of effort, or tell them you'll keep an eye out for it, and DO.
Just common sense stuff.
Me?? I'll be there at low tide, day or nite, but i'll try to blend in.
DON'T make the mistake of flashing something nice you just found. You won't have it long if you do. Have fun.