Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunting Ethics - Need opinions.

soflajim

A buddy an I go to this littlle lagoon and hunt on the weekends. Here is where I need some opinions. We go very early 6am and hunt till about 9am before the crowd gets there. There are signs posted at the life guard stand that says no swimming. These signs are removed at 10am when the life guards are on duty.We've never been asked by the employees and the lifeguards which arrive early to prep the beach for the daily crowd. Last time we hunted we arrived a little late and stayed till 10am. We ran into another hunter who arrived at 10:00 who frequetly hunts there(according to him). We never ran into him because we leave early. Well we thought we would introduce ourselves and say hello. We heard him argueing with the life guards because we were in the water before 10:00am. To be short he told us that we should abide by the rules and not enter the water till 10:00 am. I totaly understand his point and try not to have conflit with anyone, thats why we go early. We always take our trash and more when we leave and fill in all our holes even though we are huntting at the beach. We never had a problem with the employees and often chated with them when we leave. So my question is should I continue to go at 6am and leave at 9am or should I wait till 10am. Oh btw this is a county park at a marina that opens at 5am for the boat ramp. We also pay the $5.00 entrance fee.

Thanks, Jim

Keep doing what you are already doing. If the Mgt has a problem, you will know. He sounds jealous that he can not get there earlier.
Besides, Are you swimming? LOL HH gayle

I thought he was upset that we beat him to the loot, but I didnt want to press the issue since he was already upset. We politely said goodby and left. Maybe well see him there early next time :)

What an idiot! Is it his fing business! ? Keep going to 6.00 and leave by 9.30 as B4 me thinks.

We want to be low profile and be away when people come and can see us. We do not like to meet people. No good.

I know a couple of guys who MD for years where MD is strictly prohibited, they just leave B4 guards,rangers, gardeners and stuff like this arrive.

Yup, what the others said, and MIcro, got it nailed!!! Major shaka Micro, from Mikey:thumbup:

He's a covetous old salt, ain't he? I say hunt on and tell him to, "walk the plank" the next time you see him. He is probably chapped that ya'll 'er cleaning things up too much and the gravy is being picked over, before he arrives. I like to see a few holes or hole remnants around, as it rings my dinner bell, for what has been missed, LOL!

Keep doing what your doing. He should Mind his own business !!!. dl_mooney,Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Vibra-probe 570, Lesche Digger (tomorrow).

If he was "arguing with the lifeguards", sounds like they're on your side. That's all the permission I'd need. I think the worst that could happen here is you'll have a little hunting competition at 6AM. But if he's already made an ass of himself, let him be the one who's uncomfortable. I'll resurrect a quote from recent history: "The karma's your's".

VBDave
"I'm here for a good time, not a long time..."

Here in NJ things are bit different. THe lakes that do allow us to hunt in the SUmmer do NOT allow us in while the Lifeguards are on duty and the general public is allowed in to swim. So we have to hunt the hours that you hunt even though there are "No Swimming" signs posted. The Employees at these lakes also arrive early to prepare the beaches for the day crowds and don't say anything about our being out in the water. Like Mike said...keep on doing what you are doing until someone in authority tells you otherwise. JMHO

HH

Beachcomber

Thanks for all the input I was realy feeling a little bad about the situation, but I'm over it and will continue my routine till someone of authority tells me otherwise. Happy Hunting everyone , Jim.

If the park opens at 5am and they take your money and you are not swimming, you sound legal to me. " The early bird gets the worm" A good Pirate would get off his lazy &*% and be there at 5am ahead of you and quit his whining. Good Luck and HH

Keep on detecting early. He is just mad because his wife makes him do his chores before he can leave in the morning. If the employees do not care, you are in the clear. He feels that you are getting finds that should be his. Unfortunatley their is always one grumpy metal detector man in every town.

PaPa-Joe-Fla. said:
If the park opens at 5am and they take your money and you are not swimming, you sound legal to me. " The early bird gets the worm" A good Pirate would get off his lazy &*% and be there at 5am ahead of you and quit his whining. Good Luck and HH

To Orchard Beach you are not allowed before 7.00. So we all start at the same time and run very fast.