Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunted A Northern County Park Today......

SeniorSeeker

And dug more pull-tabs than I've ever dug in my life. I can't help but wonder if The person or persons, who designed the 'figure 8 pull tab', ever contemplated what they've done to (not for) society? My back and right arm began to say hello after a couple hours, so we headed on home. None the less, it was a beautiful day out-of-doors and I'm grateful for the opportunity.

the figure 8 tab was designed to stay on the can. It's the nit wits that take them off and toss them! :thumbdown:

Dug tonight and started hearing chinese!
Ok, not quite, but I'm learning that if I get a
good 85ish signal, and I don't hit something
right off the bat, its big junk!! I'm down a good
18", and still have yet to dig out what I hit!
It's in my yard, so just put a bucket on it
For now, knees were getting stiff too.

HH

Hey There HH!
Don't know what brand and model of detector you're using but I use to have a similar situation w/a Garret entry level detector many years ago. I learned that, if the detector said I had found a dime @ 2" and didn't find it at two inches, indeed it was a pop or bear can @ 6" plus every time. The humor in this is that the can was indeed worth 10 cents. :rofl:

You're right Mike but still one would think the creators of the figure 8 pull tab would have done a little research prior to putting the invention on the market. I concur it's the mentally challenged that break the darn things off the cans and throw them away that have created the problem. Still one would think the designers would have seen this coming? Just a thought.

This is hilarious folks! I needed the chuckle this morning. :clapping:

From the land of the Bluenose.....that is why I like hunting in Prince Edward Island....they donot allow pop makers or any metal pulltabs!