Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hunted 7 hours last evening,2 Barbers,6 Indians,3 Buffalos,15 Wheaties and a old silver bracelet.

Ray-Mo.

I hit a old School and community play ground for 7 hours nonstop yesterday.Ground is very wet.Most coins were dug at 5" to 8" deep.I was running in HiPro Sen. 85 with gain at 6 where the ground probe recomended using the stock coil.This area has been hit hard but they had just mowed the grass yesterday morning down very short.Most deep coins jumped around on ID but the tones sounded good.

The silver bracelet was within 6" of iron on both sides at 8" deep.It sounded good one way but nothing the other way and I could not use pinpoint on it as the iron would take over.The 1911d Barber was in with 3 nails and is rust stained on both sides.

I think I am going to get a smaller coil and then will do even better in this trashy sight.Overall I am quite pleased with the performance of the Vision.If there are several old rusty crown caps you better run bottle cap reject up a ways or you will be didding them as good targets.This lot is about 80' x 120' and at one end has burried power and some big transformers and it would get a little noisy but not bad.

I know one thing it will do well and that is hit hard on very small brass and copper targets.I am talking thin washers and nuts that are about 1/8" dia. at 3" or better.

Several of the pennies were on edge and it hit them well,Ray.
PS I forgot to mention a small country store was torn down from this lot many years ago and burned which explains all the trash.

Way to go! Thanks for sharing your successes on the V3.

Nice finds Ray. Nice to hear it is hitting on the deeper silver. Nice to see it hitting on coins with iron too! But that bracelet, I don't know? Kinda looks like the writing on that piece of metal from the Roswell UFO crash site:rofl::look:HH

Very good job:clapping: It is raining right now or I would be out digging for that treasure. I have the small 5.6 coil you will love it. Joe

That was one heck of a hunt! (Hunting amongst iron, is really proving to be a strong point with the V3.) Gotta love those Barbers!

Is your V still for sale or did you change your mind Ray?............:rofl: Nice hunt.

It doesn't matter what detector you use Ray, you always seem to find great stuff. Just goes to show you what great skill can accomplish and i applaud you for that:clapping:

keep up the great work my friend.

I am in the market for some smaller White's coils and the Vision is the only White's I currently own.Does that answer your question,Ray.:detecting:

I been wanting the 5.3 coil - but doing my best to hold out on any new coils they may market soon that takes advantage of the Vision/V3.
Want to be able to use the Tx boost, the 22.5 kHz, no VDI skewed, etc. I don't know how much longer I can hold out but my luck is they would come out with something immediately after I got something else when I should have waited. I might last a couple more months, maybe longer, maybe not.

tab-nabit said:
I been wanting the 5.3 coil - but doing my best to hold out on any new coils they may market soon that takes advantage of the Vision/V3.
Want to be able to use the Tx boost, the 22.5 kHz, no VDI skewed, etc. I don't know how much longer I can hold out but my luck is they would come out with something immediately after I got something else when I should have waited. I might last a couple more months, maybe longer, maybe not.

I'm right there with you Tab!

Way to go Ray, good to see you hammering with your Vision:thumbup:. I am getting mine next week, I already have some DFX coils and the SunRay probe, I'll let you know if they work with it. Have you been using the analyze screen or is it pretty much too jarbled in the trash? How is the recovery speed compared to your ETrac? Have you tried concentrating on specific metals with just one frequency? Am I asking to many questions? Sorry:detecting:

I have used the analize mode some, more out of curiosity than anything else.It does help ID some targets and the size of the humps or waves is useful as well.
I am still in the early stages of learning the Vision so have been digging most signals above iron just to get a handle on the basics.
The ID screen is faster than the E-Trac for sure but not sure yet on the audio although it seems to null less or for a shorter duration at least.
I have not used single frequency modes yet .
I can say that in my ground it will hit harder on very small targets of lead,copper,brass and aluminum than my E-Trac.By the way my ground comes in at 5 or 6 most places on the ground probe suggested gain setting.
It also likes crown caps like the F75 and unlike the E-Trac.I think it will be easier to ID or work around the caps with the Vision verses the F75.
The Vision is a very fun machine to use and I think it has great potential in the hands of of those who take the time to master it.It has been over 25 years since I used a White's machine so I am learning it from from the ground up,Ray.
PS. Feel free to ask all the questions you want and I will answer the ones I can from my personal experiences with it.

Thanks Ray. I am thinking with all the tweaks available on this thing there has to be a way to set it up to pull a few more we missed with our Minelabs, not because they are inferior in any way but because we now have so many more options to try. As long as the Vision gets comparable Mine Lab depth, the possible faster screen recovery and different tweaks should prove effective. On the recovery thing, if it's like the DFX, you can set that faster. A wise man once told me "if you change a setting on the DFX, change them one at a time or you will literally dial out your finds" I would imagine that applies heavily on this machine. Thanks again for the helpful info.

Yes I have played with the recovery speed adjustment quite a bit and you can make it quite fast but it seems to be at the exspense of lost audio and or tone quality .But it will take a lot of time to get a good grasp of all the advanced settings this machine is capable of,Ray.