Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

howdy from wyoming all

politcalmatrix

howdy all,

just browsing around and found a forum that looks like it is actually used, and thought i would go ahead and register since I have just purchased 2 bounty hunter quick draw II machines, with head phones and nugget coils for my wife and I, Would like to ask thouogh if any of you know of any good spots in wyoming for diggin, this is my first time even hold a machine like this and i am very excited to give this a try.

Good luck with your detectors. I don't have the QD 2 but quite a few on the forum do and will be glad to help if you run into any problems.

well i do have a question pertaining to area, now i live in a mobile home park (you know how crowded they can be) and i am seein that for the first timers that your own yard is best will the metals of a mobile home effect the reliability of my md?

[quote politcalmatrix]will the metals of a mobile home effect the reliability of my md?[/quote]Stand at arms length from a trailer and hold your detector chest high, swing it at right angles to a trailer with the Sensitivity set to Low and then High. See if it makes a difference.

My Lone Star beeps at 12" on Low and 42" on High.
My 2200 is 36" no matter where the Sensitivity is set.

Like any other piece of equipment, get to know your machine. It will tell you how fast you can go and what it likes and doesn't like to do.

Also check out posts on the Pioneer 202, to the best of my knowledge it's a Quick Draw II.

I have a QDII and have found that as long as I stay about 2' from a metal building or barn It will not affect me. I usually run my sensitivity at 12 O'Clock or maybe just a little less. Another thing that I have learned is that there is buried concrete with reinforcing bars aka rebar in places you will not expect. I would expect it to be around trailer parks where there are old pads, sidewalks, etc. If they are deep sometimes the iron rebars will give you a mid range tone. Just something to be aware of.

thanks all, :) i sure do appreciate all the input, so jdstawker how do you like your QDII? and have you used the nugget coil for it yet?

I like it real well. I am still getting used to it and learning what the different sounds it makes really means. It is dead on on depth, as long as the ID is right. One thing I have noticed in the Auto-Notch mode is it will give what seems to be false signals but they seem to be in the same place just intermitent. I started going to all metal mode to see what was going on and it turns out that those are signals from "trash" that were supposed to be notched out such as pull tabs. I guess depending on the angle I swing over those items I may be getting different signals. I have learned that if it is just an intermitent signal in auto-notch mode to keep swinging. I have done very little detecting in notch mode so I don't know anything to tell you there. I have found out that if it is a repeatable signal there is something in the ground, it may or may not be what the ID says it is. An example is the pepsi can I dug up from 10 or 11 inches when the machine told me it was a dime at 4". My biggest find to date is a 2x2x1/2 inch piece of plate steel. Found it near a covered picnic table. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions ask away or send me a private message. I will tell you what I know which may not be much.

what a neat name. i see youve bought a qd2... its a killer machine if you use it right. i have to tell ya, its not gonna be easy hunting around all that aluminum and steel... stay a couple of ft. away and you should be just fine. the mobile home park grounds wont last very long, but it will give you enough experience to get out into other areas of wyoming. theres a few old towns and ghost towns out your way that will pay you well to visit; research is everything. theres just no end to the possibilities in the old west ground. im sure you have relatives in the area who will let you hunt their ground too. ive always run my sens. all the way up until it starts chattering [ means youre on hot ground] then just turn it down until it stops, run your disc. on the low side about 9 oclock, and keep on gettin it! dig all your good repeatable signals, and remember that gold comes in low. welcome to a great hobby and website, and dont be afraid to ask questions! plenty of good fellas on here willing to help you. and dont forget to cover your holes... thats the number one complaint. it will do you well to read as many of the posts on here as you can stand, youll find them quite informative. again, welcome, and hh,

thanks, i am just hoping that i have gotten a good machine for a beginner, as i have said before, this is the first time i will have even held one of these and wanted to get one that i can grow into. lookin forward to goin to some of the old ghost towns around my state and seein what i can find ( we all hope for that burried bandit treasure for m a stage coach robbery from years ago) , but i would be happy just bein able to use it for now. i mentioned also that i have bought the gold nugget coil for it also, lookin forward to taking a trip to the oregon trail and maybe do some river banks and such to see how that works also.

Don't be concerned about your choice with the QDII...you did good. I have the Pioneer 202 (the Walmart version of the QDII). Had it about 5 years and it never once let me down. It is a good, solid, dependable machine. What the guys said above is right on. Stay a few feet away from the metal structures and you will be fine. I would hit the playground where kids tend to hang out, any place where there's lots of foot traffic and meeting places. If you have any questions just shout, you'll get a lot of good advice in return. Welcome to the forum and enjoy the hunt.

My first machine was a Pioneer 202, which is the same as the Quick Draw II, just Wal-Mart's version of it...it was a great beginners machine, and found me a lot of coins. Just remember to let the machine adjust to the outside temperature when beginning a hunt. When you take it out of your home, car, or storage bag, it needs to equalize to the surrounding temperature. Until it does, it will most likely emit false signals. keep your swings level with the ground (no pendulum), and keep the coil about 1-2 inches off the surface. Keep swing speed slow...about 2 feet per second...dig all them nickel to screw cap signals...that is where the gold jewelry is found...

HH,

BH-LandStar