Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How would we know the spellchecker is working?......

When there's a red squiggly line in the preview post...

if you put the cursor over the word, a small tan box will open and the checker will put suggestions in it so you can see them. As soon as you move away, the little box will go away. You can choose to use what you typed or replace it with one of the suggested words. If you choose to replace it, you'll have to type in the correction.

only just check your spelling and underline them .. It won't change you post in any shape or form .. Only make recommandations .. It up to you to make the change yourself ..

Bill

I have never used a spell checker before so this is new to me. I did put the mouse arrow on the word with the red broken line under it and a window dropped down with some suggested words to use. How come Royal says that his posted statements with misspelled words will correct themselves? Is there a button that I need to click on to make it correct the spelling? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

It not findmall's spell checker ..

IESpell is a program you can download and it plugs into your Internet Explorer Browser.

It have nothing to do with findmall ..

Royal only saying it a hell lot better than Findmall's spell checker becuase it will change the word for you when findmall's spell checker only point out the misspell words to you by underlining them..

Here the website where you can get the IESpell but that is on your own .. again it have nothing to do with findmall and you can use it on any website on the internet because it part of your browser not part of this forum or findmall but it can be use on this forum ..

Link is at -> http://www.iespell.com/

Bill

I am going to continue using my dictionary and the Forum spell check provision at the present time. I do not have the computer knowledge that most of you folks have, and I have a tendency of messing things up when I start experimenting. Royal is good at using the computer, and he has the smarts to use the many different programs available...I just do not have the computer smarts to risk experimenting. I like this new format now that I am getting familiar with it, I especially like the ability to post more than one picture at a time. Thanks for the information, please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

of the risk of getting infected with spywares ..

And it finally about time they do something about it .. Link below

http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/24/technology/spyware.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

Bill

But it expects you to do the work... Royal is retired and doesn't like work... :D

Guvner..

i have never used a spell check program, my prob is with clumsy fingers on the keyboard. This goofy program does not like "hee hee", it suggested that i use "hew" or "he" :eek:ops maybe it does not understand Canuck? Jeepers it didn't like that either! :argue :D
Wayner.........Wow it does not like my name either........argh! Ok Guvner, i yield, dang it does not like your handle either! Did you get this program from Quebec? Like the smilies?:devil

and it is a great FREE program.

you don't have to have any computer knowledge. It will put an icon on your Explorer task bar and when you type a message you click on it and it will check it, make recommendations and then you click on the one you want and it makes the change.

It installs itself

I use Adaware and Spybot and don't worry much. I have never heard of anyone getting spyward or virus from this program. I have it on all my puters and have never had a problem

Royal uses a diferent program. Like the one I use in Netscape!

Dave

works very well, the only thing most spell checker's do not recognize is the difference in their or there, here or hear, ...........anyway, you get the picture! And I'm with you on the photo thing. Even I CAN use it, and it's something I have been struggling with for the whole time I have been on the forum. :cheekkiss for the Guv and Bill for working on all of this for us that are not really PC savey! :)