Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to Turn Tracking Off on 600

RLOH

First off, can you turn tracking on-off on the 600. I down loaded the manual and followed instructions and nothing happened but the ground balance numbers either went up or down. The tracking icon is still on. I have the latest update, but I am baffled on this one.

Push the setting knob to high lite the ground balance icon. Quick push of the accept/reject button turns tracking icon on and off. Hold it down and bob the coil to ground balance.

or leave it at 0

Tracking will track out targets quickly if you sweep over them to analyze them numerous times.

Try as I may, I cannot turn tracking off on my 600. I have tried every type of "tap" that I can think of, quick, quicker,slow, hard, soft. The icon stays on no matter how many times I try to turn it off. Maybe the 600 needs a visit for warranty work. The darn detector works so well with tracking active, I have a hard time sending it in for work. Anybody else have this problem?

Sounds wrong for sure. I haven't tried "active" auto tracking since the first week I got my 600, but I took it to the yard just now, and followed the instructions of navigating to the GB mode, quickly hit the Accept/Reject button, and the Auto Trk icon did come on. I repeated the process and the tracking icon went off, with the quick snap of the Accept/Reject button.

You might do full factory reset. In theory, that should turn it off.

5900_XL-1 said:
Sounds wrong for sure. I haven't tried "active" auto tracking since the first week I got my 600, but I took it to the yard just now, and followed the instructions of navigating to the GB mode, quickly hit the Accept/Reject button, and the Auto Trk icon did come on. I repeated the process and the tracking icon went off, with the quick snap of the Accept/Reject button.

You might do full factory reset. In theory, that should turn it off.

I should add that I am running the original firmware, 1.5 version.

I bought my 600 used last month and the fellow I bought it from had updated the firmware. Maybe that is the issue. Also, sometimes I have to rehit the pinpoint button to get the pinpoint volume loud enough to hear. This happens about one out of three times.

Just for grins, do the factory reset(FP) twice, back to back.

Then, if it is still hung up, reload Ver. 1.5.

After that, definitely sent it back fir service if it's the same.