Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to start with nugget hunting?

Bajanick

Can someone give me some advice on how to go about nugget hunting?
I had the idea of simply heading out to gold bearing desert locales and simply start detecting. Im sure theres more to it than that.
Thanks.

I have been studying the same thing. Here's what I learned. 1. Hunt gold where gold has been found. 2.You will most likely find more gold on beaches and swimming holes than finding nuggets. That's all I have learned.

Try hunting tailings and around old mine areas. take a rake and move a few rocks, otherwise your detector will not stay close to the ground. My experience with the MXT is you get about 3" on 6 ounce nuggets. If you dont have a test nugget get one.

dewcon4414 wrote: "Try hunting tailings and around old mine areas. take a rake and move a few rocks, otherwise your detector will not stay close to the ground. My experience with the MXT is you get about 3" on 6 ounce nuggets. If you dont have a test nugget get one." 3 INCHES on a 6 oz nugget?? Dude, turn on the detector first! ...Willy.

My advice would be to contact a local club in the area you want to hunt and ask them. Also a local detector dealer might be able to give a few pointers and point you in the right direction.

What area are you looking at hunting in, I live in Kingman AZ and hunt for Gold and Meteroites within about 60 miles of my home.
All the places I go have been pointed out to me by others that hunt them areas too.
Hope this helps ya