Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How to find Indian arrowheads..................

Kelley (Texas)

Recently, some of you folks showed an interest in looking for Indian arrowheads. I found the following site on the Internet and hope that you will find it interesting.

http://www.nativewayonline.com/headpr~1.htm

You will be amazed at where you can find Indian arrowheads, often within a few miles of your home. I would like to remind you that it is often illegal to hunt for Indian arrowheads on public land.

I make my own shadow boxes for displaying the Indian arrowheads. The back board is covered with burlap cloth and I glue the arrowheads to the backing using Elmers White Glue. If I ever desire to remove the Indian arrowheads, I can soak them over night in the kitchen sink and there will be no damage to the arrowheads. I will insert pictures of two back boards covered with burlap cloth with arrowheads glued in place...I removed these from two shadow boxes.

I hope that you enjoy the link provided. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 38724 Bluffviewarrowheads.jpg]

[attachment 38725 Bluffviewarrowheads_2.jpg]

what a great collection! Some of the Indians were really talented and made works of Art.
Thank you for the pictures and link!
Wayne

about Indians in Arkansas, and have found out quite a lot. I really think if I could get my friend that owns the land where the Saline River runs thru it to take his tractor and turn over some of the land, that with all the rains we have had and going to have, it might uncover some treasures.

I also found a guy I graduated with owns all the acrerage at Camp Quapaw. This camp was named for the indians of course, and they were popular in this area for many years.

Problem I have, is that I probably wouldn't know a scraper, or much more than an arrowhead if I was to find it.

I hope to get down to the river in the next few weeks.

Thanks for showing us these. I have seen some of the others you have mounted on your wall, and they are awesome! How long have you been collecting them? :)

like which tribe might have made a certain style or did the rock dictate how they made them,there are three at the bottom of the last picture that look like they were made by the same person.

of artifacts on a wall in your home. Would it be possible to retrieve that pic and maybe post it one more time? Now that my buddy Jim is on the internet, it'd be a treat for him to see your collection. I've told him about it a ways back but he never got the opportunity to see it for himself. Your's is the most impressive collection of artifacts I've ever seen ! Thanks either way.

Rob

I'm envious! I've found a couple, but nothing like those! Thanks for sharing!

Dave

HI Sunny ' Nice to talk to someone who loves history. We have an immense indian history down here. War of 1812 plus Huron, Ojibway, Iroqois etc. etc. Rob and I got out a bit today. Not much luck but we were on a beautiful site. The old farmer showed us the oldest pear tree known to exist in Canada. Over 300 yrs. old. Was planted by the Jesuits in the late 1600's. What a tree! Next time out, we're going to post a pic of this tree. It really is amazing. Nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you folks EH !!!

Jim

This photo is part of only one wall displaying some of my arrowheads. This is only one wall of my study and I have arrowheads displayed on all four walls...I also have some displayed in the living room. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 38791 DSC00948_2.jpg]

[attachment 38793 MVC-626S.JPG]

Gonna give my bud a call right now. He's going to be in awe when he see's that pic. Simply an AMAZING collection !! Thanks again Fred !:)

Rob

I never woulda thought of the burlap and Elmer's glue routine. I might make a box for my few goodies pretty soon.

Thanks,

AJ

have hunted them with Mike. I know they are in this area but have no clue where to hunt!!

I have found a few over the years mostly just stumbling over them while looking for something else.Very impressive Fred!

to find a lot of these! I am attending a seminar at our local library on Nov. 2. It's giving information about the Caddo and Quapaw Indians that were native of Arkansas. Hopefully it will give me a few more clues on where to hunt. I still feel like I am right on top of a good place, with the Saline River in my front door, but so far no luck! :(