Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How much do you Guys know about old tools?

Dan-MO

This belonged to my grandfather and I came across it today while looking for something else.My guess is Wayne may know what it is,anyone else care to guess? I will ID it later if no one else knows.

The sharp end is for making a hole into the forcite [or whatever powder you are using.] :) And you cut the fuse with the small cutters on the set.

Sorry Dan.. I have one identical... except mine is newer and still being used... Among my many other talents, I am a licensed blaster.

fair winds

Mikie

My grandfather was a deep underground miner who blasted underground for 30 years.He carried these for all those years.After his retirement from mining he continued to do blasting jobs part time for several more years.I remember a job he did once blasting rock from a basement extension job with the house sitting on top.He busted up the rock without damageing the house. He also did some blasting work when they built the local hospital here and hit solid rock many years ago-although he was nearly 80 years old at the time.

I can also remember my other grandfather using dynamite although he was not as talented or experienced.Hard to believe in this day and age but I can remember when dynamite could be bought at the local hardware store by anyone who had a note from the local sheriff saying it was o.k..Grandfather #2 decided to get rid of a tree stump that had been in his way for years so he decided to blast it out.He bored a hole under it and planted a full stick in the hole.As several of us small children watched from a distance he set the charge off and put that stump into orbit!I clearly remember it going out of sight!

I had not thought of any of this for years until I ran across that old tool today.

gave it to a friend last year. I was never licensed but could make big booms around Beaver dams and rocks that were in our way:biggrin: