Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How Much Deeper Cibola & Vaquero OVER DeLeon?

zeb

I've been using the DeLeon but I keep reading that the Cibola and Vaquero are deeper machines.

I'm thinking about buying one of these two machines to see how much better they really are.

Here's my situation:

1. Very mild soil

2. Tremendous amount of trash iron*
* I took my DeLeon out today running at minimum discrimination and I couldn't find a spot the size of the coil that was free of an iron target. I spent a good hour looking.

So, between these two machines, which would be best and how much better depth do these machines get over the DeLeon?

Hello Zeb......not knocking the DeLeon in any way, it's a fine machine. However, it has a pre-set ground balance. Both the Cibola and the Vaquero are manufactured with the HOT Technology (High Output Technology), which cranks up (amplifies) the machines output some, allowing them to see deeper in the ground (overcoming the normal signal loss caused by ground conditions), allowing a stronger return signal to the processor. The result is usually deeper finds. In addition, The Vaquero offers a full 3 3/4 turn manual ground balance adjustment, allowing a more precise control over the ground minerals which mask targets. As the ground mineralization changes, the Vaquero operator has the ability to readjust accordingly. Of the three machines, an operator with some experience with his machine (learning it's language) should be more successful with deeper targets, and targets in trashy areas. I hope that helps clarify the situation some.

Zeb the Cibola with the 5.75 search head on it will go as deep as the Deleon and it will get between the scrap iron mate, i have found that the 5.75 will only lose about 3/4 to 1 inch over the 8x9 inch search head. If i was you i would try to get to a shop that has both and have a play with them because you have to think will the cost of a new detector and search head be worth that extra inch or half inch or will the deleons display be more useful to you.

Zeb; I was curious myself to see if I could crank up the DeLeon to match the Cibola. What I found was the DeLeon when set to max Sens, Max threshold , and in AM mode,ran quiet in my very mild front yard soil. The depth of a Nickle in my test garden was 8 inches. The DeLeon would give me a nice soft, clear signal. When lifting the coil, I would loose it at about 2 to 3 inches. The Cibola was not supertuned at first. Settings were Sens.10....Threshold at a quiet comfertable level, and no Disc. The Cibola sounded of loud and clear. In lifting the coil, I found I could go up to about 5 or 6 inches before I lost the signal.When I super tuned the Cibola I picked up about anouther 2 inches before loosing the signal. What I would like to do to the Cibola is take off the red button and put on a toggle like the DeLeon has so you can hunt in AM without holding down the button. I guess if you are going to do that though, you might as well get a Vaquero.

Poorman, I couldn't agree more. Why Tesoro put the button on the Vaq/Cibola I don't understand. The Conq/Eldorado had the switch, then when Tesoro upgraded, they replaced it with the button. Your thumb gets kinda tired holding that button in all day. I guess you could have it replaced, but that would void the warranty.