Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How much clad?

MDMac

I was just wondering, what is the most clad you have picked up in a day? In a month? My best day total is close to $4.00. Has anyone ever found over $100.00 clad in a month? I am going to shoot for a $100.00 in June, but I only got $1.80 yesterday, so maybe $50.00 would be more realistic? I live in such a rural area, my town has only 1,400 folks in it, that it's hard to find a lot of clad. The entire High School is less than 200 students. My first month in MDing, April, I picked up about $15.00 and I was still learning the machine. I didn't get out in May hardly at all, so I am hoping June turns out to be productive.

My best year was about 4 years ago when I found $632 of clad. That does not include jewelry. Last year I only got about $360 but my silver and gold finds really improved since we now seem to do lmore old house hunting. Lots of good fun and exercise anyway.

my best day was when i hit 5 bux in clad. only been doing this for about 3 months and my total is roughly around 50 for that time frame.

I went to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk after a holiday, and got $82.50 in clad
Plus Gold and Silver jewelry, Not counting the Boardwalk tokens, about 40, which are 25C each to buy

Tim

Best days so far this year March 14 -22.26 March 23 -23.91 March 31 -22.40 year total so far 600.00 Dan

Wow, Dan, very nice. You could almost fill up your tank with that. I got another $2.90 today, and surprisingly, more nickels than quarters. I think I have our local Elementary play ground pretty well hunted out. Now I have to hit the 4 acre grass area!

Its strange that some days 1 coin will keep hitting then another day its something else I've had lots of days like that dimes then nickels or quarters . Dan

i remember as a kid my dad would take us to santa cruz on vacation. he would always have his detector with him....i love santa cruz. brings back awesome memories. for those of you who dont know about it..if you have ever watched the movie..The Lost Boys....that was filmed in santa cruz and the board walk.

Well for me my best dirt fishing day was right around $7.00. I seem to average around 2-3 bucks in clad when I hunt. Right now I am only hunting on weekends. I have been hunting since 08/07 and I only have around $170.00 in clad. My spots are getting leaner I have hunted them so much.

This year I am looking on older home lots, so my clad count has gone down. The plus side is that my silver count has gone up, Beale.

My best 1 day total was $9.32 for a 7 hour hunt back in March.

MDMac-----Just seen your post--Interesting question! My wife and I usually concentrate & hunt for the older, deeper coins-but we sure aren't above digging clad either-they are bread & butter. On one of our detecting outings, we came on a park/swimming pool area that had obviously never been hunted before. In a few hours on 4/11/2008, we found 677 coins. They were: 186 quarters-230 dimes- 20 nickels-236 pennies-5 wheaties & 2 silver rings---$72.86 total. They almost all came from a relatively small area around the swimming pool and you just couldn't hardly swing your coil without hitting targets. In all my hunts-I have never seen anything like it (number wise). We want to go back because I think there is older, deeper coins under that carpet of clad. You asked about most in a month--we really don't tally dollar wise by the month-but do by the year. Most clad for a year-$1,213.16---I guess that's an average of around $100 per mo.--it usually ends up running around that amount every year (+ or -) when the smoke clears. Bear in mind though--this is not just me-it's two of us (my wife & I-my favorite hunting partner) and we do spend a lot of time hunting. Keep swingin, Del