Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how many tones?

jreb

I am a relic hunter who occasionally hunts coins as well. I have had my xt70 for about a year and a half and has been successful using 3tone mode. But I have been playing around with 4 tones and multi tones. What do you guys use and how well does it work for you?

Relic hunting i use 2 tones and beach/other modern places i use 99 tones.

Thanks I tried it a a very trashy park and did okay. I'll just have to get used to it. Do gold rings sound like a pull tab but hold a solid number instead of jump around?

I hunt in 2 tone all metal for relics and 4 tone all metal for coins.

I may try 2tones on relics I found a us puppy paw buckle and a block I a quarter mile from home but the finds are getting fewer and fewer any pointers will help I know there is more there but it is getting deep