Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many of you have the larger coil?

cometguy

if you have the larger coil what are your impressions about it? I have heard about balance issues. I wondered if the bigger foot print was worth the big bucks? Please share your experiences.

Thanks, Don

Got it.
There's too much complaining about the balance on the big coil. The whole detector is as light as a feather anyway and I dont have a problem w it. Pinpoint and separation are great. You can cover a old homesite/farmsite ALOT quicker if the iron/trash isn't to bad.

If you can afford the 6 c-notes, get it!

I have the large coil, no problem with balance or weight. I've went over areas I did with the small coil and did pick up more targets. Covers ground quicker, I like both coils, depends where I'm hunting which coil I use.

I agree w Bart the stock coil is great gos deeeep too, that's what I use most.

The large coil has become my normal coil. I use the smaller one for super trashy spots. When I travel, however, I prefer the convenience of the smaller coil.

Definitely worth it for me to have both. If you are looking for a depth advantage...I'm not sure I'd get it for that reason alone.

Regards, Joe (California)

Got mine with both coils in April 2011. No balance issues at all. Large coil is great in open areas, stock coil on house sites or in wooded areas. Both have great separation and depth. If the large coil goes deeper, it is not much in my opinion, but the area coverage is outstanding. I would love to see a 5 inch instead of the 11 that they are coming out with.

PryorCreekJoe

Agree with PryorCreekJoe.

Have used the large coil 99% of the time. Coverage is great.
After using the large coil - the stock seems so small in comparison - almost like a toy...

You quickly get used to the additional ounces and the balance is not a problem.
Additional coverage is the key - it all depends on where and what type of detecting you do.

I just bought a used one, I couldn't justify paying $600 for a coil. I have no great expectations of a major difference in depth, I'm looking for ground coverage. From what I hear it is very sensitive. I want to be able to cover soccer fields and open areas. I agree with PryorCreekJoe, I would like to see them come out with a 6" coil for super trashy sites even if the re-set is very fast. just my opinion.

I havent tused one but would like to try one before I buy one to see if my elbow could handle it. It sounds like theres an increase in performance ....Maybe you could try one out and let us know ;-)

I have one headed this way. I ran into a used one and I am going to try it. I am hoping to do a relic hunt down South next Spring. I figured the larger coil would help me cover more ground. Thanks everyone for you input.

Don
HH

I REALLY like the big coil for open areas and the balance seems very good to me. Not sure yet about much depth gain over the stock coil, but it does separate targets quite well. I've only used it about six times and it does feel a bit awkward at first, but after a little swinging, you get used to the extra weight and different balance. I feel it is a good fit for me since I can still hunt all day with it and not get the fatigue and aches I get with some of my other machines.

Is it worth the bucks? I think it was for me.

I use the large coil until I go to real trashy sites then I change back to the small one.

For those of us that buy a Deus between Nov 12 and Jan 31 2013, the distributor is offering a holiday special on the big coil. $299 for the whole kit - coil, cover, lower rod and mounting hardware. For that price, I think I would be foolish not to buy one. While my conditions wouldn't often allow me to use it, I do see some opportunities. Specifically fields and the dry sand beach areas. It would be nice to be able to cover more ground while admittedly only getting slightly better depth with this coil.

Remember buying the large coil "in effect" gets you ANOTHER metal detector...after adding the shaft or mounting on a straight shaft...

Operate 1 with headphones plugged into the control unit and operate another with just the headphones...

you need a straight shaft to go with it from another source as the standard stem is not quite up to the job

Just got my large coil Monday.Got a chance to go out twice before the snow came. It seemed heavy initially but I soon got used to the added weight. It is pretty well balanced and covers a lot more ground. It also is very sensitive to small targets and is very easy to pin point with I am happy with my purchase and plan to use it in wide open spaces and athletic fields. I found a nice pendant yesterday with it. Thanks DeusDigger for the coil! I bought it used from him. It worked flawlessly and came in perfect condition, well packaged and insured. Just as advertised.