Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many knew about THIS use for WD40?

Royal

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i6.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/RoyalOttmar/Videos/how_to_inflate_a_tyre.flv">

but i don't condone it! Once in awhile, we will get a couple of tires to mount, that have most likley been sitting for a long time, under a stack of 10 or more tires. The weight flattens the bead. On our tire machine, we can usually make the bottom bead stick, with adhesive, but squeezing or pulling the tire to seal the upper bead enough to grab can be a real pain in the rear end! So...whoof! It does work, as you can see, but i don't like it at all! Years ago i was mounting a tire, and when filling it with air, the upper edge of the bead blew right over the rim edge, scaring the crap out of me. The steel wiring in the bead had been cut, i hadn't seen it. When a tire bead finally "pops" it can be loud! Depends on how much air it took. Usually, on a tractor tire, i have seen a bucket of grease packed in to fill the gap. The tire pressure, from being blown up to specs, forces the grease out, once the bead is sealed, wipe it off!

Gotta wonder how anyone thought that up!!

Out of the millions of people who have used WD-40, I wonder how many know what that designation (WD-40) means?