Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How many here have been snipe hunting????:rofl:.........:shrug:......

n/t

I've never been snipe hunting but as a Tenderfoot Boy Scout, I was sent out to look for a left handed smoke shifter.

I think the BSA marketing dept came up with that so they could sell those stupid official flashlights that wern't worth a hoot! Or else the troop leaders wanted to get some time off by having the boys running around in the woods at night so they could sit around the fire and smoke! That said, there's many variations in the Trades to getting a young inexperienced man an initiation as well as to evaluate their reasoning skills...a "left handed monkey wrench", or go and get a 98" 2x4 out of a stack of 8 footers, and when they come back and tell you all of them are 96", you tell them to run one through the "board stretcher" thats in the tool truck somewhere...etc.:rofl:
Mud

Just one but he got away. Then I was wise to the whole thing right away and became one to help the other leaders! :thumbup:

one on Cliff and I when we were just small kiddos....A plane crashed on the US and Canada border, so where did they bury the living....Your mind is on the borders and not on catching the living part, so fooled and he said you don't bury the living....Lots of ways to get fooled when not thinking quickly enough! ;) :) :;angel: Ma

Can someone explain to a dim Englishman the snipe joke.We have a bird over here called a snipe.....thats what I thought you were going on about in the first place......so I could go hunting for them if it were legal.:thumbup:

NN, It's a fools errand. There are a bunch of them for newcomers or apprentices.

Here in Michigan,if a city boy visits friends that live in the country,the unaware visitor is initiated by taking him"snipe"hunting,in the dead of night,the only time they come out....The innocent hunter(victim?????) is taken into the woods in pitch dark,given a paper bag and flashlight,and told to yell loudly and shrilly"SNIPE,SNIPE", and he is told the rest of the guys will beat the bushes,driving the Snipes to him so he can catch them in the paper bag,when in realty all the other guys leave the area,leaving the gullible and trusting city boy literally "holding the bag", and holding the flashlight,calling "SNIPE,SNIPE",usually at the top of his lungs,all night long:rofl::shrug::cool:THAT is one of life's greatest moments,listening to the victim yelling "SNIPE,SNIPE"in the middle of the night.......:cool::thumbup::biggrin::clap::rofl:.....

Thanks for explaining.....i can see now why people do it......it certainly would be funny to see.:clapping: