Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How is the Prizm 5?

Bajanick

Looking for a machine to replace my (dont freak out) MXT.
Is the Prizm 5 a decent machine? I was looking at the M6 but cant see any difference .
I would like something not as noisy as a friggen carnival. I mostly do coinshooting, I can always use the MXT for a backup or gold hunting if I want.

The M6 is made for coin hunting and is very very very stable.
The Prizm are very good units BUT THE M6 IS MUCH MUCH DEEEEPER COIN HUNTER
I find many coins very deeeeep with the M6 and I also have a Prizm.The M6seven tones are nice for coin hunting.

Is the Prizm 5 the same machine as the Classic 5?
How could the M6 be so much deeper? I had a classic 3 years ago and I found silver dimes at 6".

The Prizm 5 use the 8.1 kHz and the classic use the 6.9 kHz.
I have not use the prizm 5 to compare it to the classic.
But the Prizm 5 should be hotter on GOLD.

Is the M6 silent search? (no threshold) or do you have to listen to a bunch of crazy noise like the MXT?

Yes the M6 is silent search as far as threshold but is still very sensitive and in certain conditions can be a bit crackly at some sites especially when cranking the sensitivity level into boost area. I find nothing annoying about the M6 audio and if focused on the tones can render the meter almost needless except for depth readout but it's nice to have the extra info. I only use DD coils on the M6 and not sure how noisy the 950 coil would be. HH bill