Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how is the 4 inch coil when finding nuggets

Sorry, can't help ya there...I live in a nuggetless area of USA....NY has only produced flake gold, and small flakes at that...not much to write home about...There is supposed to be a lost Gold mine somewhere in the Catskill area that produced large nuggets, but I think that is just pure bunk...No real gold has ever come out of this area....It is funny though, we have a tone of quartz here, and quartz crystals (Herkimer diamonds)...

HH,

BH-LandStar

Hi Juan73, The 4" coil for the tracker IV is a little overated. Statistically the average size of a nugget is less than 1gram on any given goldfield, there are however exceptions to the rule. I have found nuggets down to 1/2 a gram, but very shallow EG: 1" to 2" only. I own 2 T4's myself, there the unit for the dry sand at beaches, in parks, etc. They are not designed for prospecting no matter what the manual, box, booklet, or any one else says. They will however find shallow nuggets in moderate mineralised soils. You can pick up true prospecting detectors 2nd hand for good prices. I'd buy one of them if you can afford to. Units like the Fisher Gold bug, and, gold bug 2, Minelab, XT17000, XT 18000, SD 2000, etc. Check on Ebay, Treasure magazines etc. All the best, regards Nugget.:detecting: