Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How illnesses and 40 years has changed me.....

Missouri--Ma Betty

[attachment 331884 IMG_0925.JPG] My 80th year.....July 2015

You can see how much I have changed from 2010 to 2015 because of my illnesses and being sick so much! Just wanted ya'll to know that when I say I am ill....I mean it! But if it weren't for God's love and for saving me in Jesus' name I would have been dead by now because of a terrible divorce, depression with suicide tried and hospitalization and with anti-depressants I've survived! I have COPD (never smoked) Osteoarthritis, and other illnesses along with Parkinson's Disease now; but you know God has used these for His glory and benefit, for I stay home now and post about Jesus on here and FB......I still write Spiritual poems for my Lord, but just not as many and to get them all typed would take me longer than God would even allow me to live to get them finished! I have boxes and boxes to go through for an auction, but don't have the strength to move all the boxes and furniture so I can sort through what I need and want to sell....I sleep on a cot in my L. Rm and my garage, and 2 bedrooms are filled, so without help to move the heavier stuff and the stuff up high, I may die before I get it done....oh well, my kids will have fun, especially, my older daughter, as she and her hubby Bill are antique collectors and like old stuff and, Hopefully, including me (old mom)! LOL! This is not for sympathy but for understanding where I am coming from and that I really am ILL! How long will I keep on living? Only God knows and I thank Him for each and every day! Amen! Well shucks I just as well admit it, I like to write whether anyone reads it or not! SMILE!

[attachment 331883 IMG_0592.JPG] Christmas 2010

[attachment 331882 004.jpg] Graduation 1953

Well I am only 5-6 years behind you. When we die the kids can do whatever they want to with our possessions, as you say. You don't look like someone with many illnesses, which is a good outlook on life. Keep on living for Christ - His words are what we follow and makes us ready to enter the Gates of heaven when we are ready. Steve in so la

You like like one of God's beautiful children in every pic.

Depression is a horrible disease I suffer from it but the Lord has brought me through it . My mother committed suicide on my 21 st birthday and my uncle killed himself when I was in 8th grade they suffered from it too .If only they had turned to the Lord things would have been different. WE have survived with the Lords help and I see you are having trials now but remember what the Apostle Paul wrote in Rom 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. One day its not gonna be like this anymore all things are gonna be new and no more sickness what a day thats gonna be. I pray that the Lord keeps you and comforts you in all your trials.

You are one strong woman ma. Glad God still has plans for you here on Earth.
I just had a childhood friend's eighteen year old son end his life with a shotgun. If he only had a fraction of the strength or courage you have he would still be here today.
God bless always!

Thanks Steve, but I am failing in body and mind; but like you said the importance of living is to live for Jesus and to make sure we win the race for inheriting eternal life with Him forever more! Without Jesus' forgiving grace, we all would have a more difficult mortal life and then a place in the Lake of Fire, because of our unbelief.....that is the only thing that will keep us from spending eternity with Him, because unbelief in God's Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, now or ever! May God Bless you and Nancy and yours, always! Amen! :angel: Ma

Oh, Mike, me son, you flatterer, you, What do you want from Ma? SMILE! Thanks......I wish someone had said that when I was growing up, for I always felt like I was the most ugliest duckling ever, but I know now it was a way the devil was hurting me and keeping me down, for I knew about Jesus back when very young and tried to live for Him, but not like I have since being born again in Christ Jesus and filled with His Holy Spirit Who makes a big difference in a person's life, if they allow Him to do so, that is! I just don't like being sick and looking like I've been attacked while feeling like I've been drug through the mud and rocks!

But I keep on, keepin' on for Jesus, but just not as much as I could and would if I weren't so ill, which that old liar satan wants me to be, for my faith is weak in that area! I've been looking back on the poems I've written in 1988 and in the almost 30 years....the world hasn't changed but has gotten worse but we, who are Christians and the true followers of Jesus, should be shining brighter and brighter in this very dark, sinful world! The poems could be written yesterday or today, but were written in 1987, 88 and there on! God changes not but sinners keep on sinning until sincerely changed in Jesus and follow Him, daily!

God Bless and go find the goodies and post some more photos of the coin catches while being a fisherman of men! :angel: Ma

Yes, CD, it really is and that is one of the way satan traps us and then causes us to get rid of ourselves or others as many not only destroy themselves but others along with them! OH, SO SAD!! On my mom's side of the family, depression was very prevalent and was bad for too many of us! My Aunt, Mom and their dad, my grandpa, suffered with depression most of their lives! My nephew, Tyson, Larry's son, took his own life at 19....which Larry, my brother, never got over and because of the depression he had, he committed suicide in 2007. My brother, Cliff, lived with me for almost 3 years who was very ill with PAH and COPD and died in 2009! My CMD family helped me to get through that time and I am really thankful for them then and also now!

My parents died within 3 months of each other in 1984 and brought grief to the children, then my former husband left our home in 1986 and we divorced in 1988, which didn't help in my being depressed but made it worse, he was afraid he would have to take care of me and have to live with my depression and illnesses, so he left and divorced me....and then lied while trying to transfer all his sins and lies upon me....which the children believed at the time but since then have come back and although they don't visit me very often, at least they say they love me when talking on the phone or posting on FB.....Depression is a very hard trial to live with for oneself and for others around us! Larry was a Christian, but just didn't have the strength from all that was happening to him with his job and other things, he just couldn't overcome taking his own life and he is the one who kept me from taking my own life, by helping me during the times my depression was worse and told me, if I took my life, I would be dancing in the flames of fiery Hell! I took anti-depressants and still do but he wouldn't and didn't, so his mind wasn't working like it should have been! There is nothing wrong with taking meds, for God gave the Drs minds to develop drugs and to give us Medical help, even though, many can and do just trust in the Lord and refuse medical help and make it okay!

I understand, where you are coming from and I know Jesus is our Helper, Who gives us His joyous strength, by leaning on and trusting in Him, to be able to endure and overcome all things! We can praise God in the bad times, as well as the good, for it is in the bad times we seek Jesus and grow in faith or we become bitter and just turn away, which you and I haven't done, Praise God! God really got my attention after my ex left and that is when I really became His Child and began serving Him with gladness and faithfulness and studying the Bible as an approved workman (servant) of God and worshipping Him in Spirit and in Truth by truly knowing Jesus, as my own personal Savior and Lord! Prayers for continued strength for me and you, as everyone needs prayers to win the race and to receive our golden crown to toss at Jesus' feet, when all shall call Him, Lord, whether they know Him, personally, or not! Amen! :angel: Ma

Thanks for your kind words, sandtick, and so sad to hear about your friend's son taking his life....my nephew killed himself by shooting and my brother, Larry, did also, they shot themselves in the mouth and that has to be a terrible way to die but, hopefully, quickly! There are many demonic spirits in the land and to name a few are: Murdering, raping, greedy and hateful spirits possessing our land and the whole world right now! We need a great revival with the renewing of God's Holy Spirit in those who are spiritually weak or have fallen away from the Living God Jehovah! Sin and evil have been allowed to take over the Government offices and the WH and only with many prayers and pleas to God for forgiveness by us, His Children, first and for those who need Jesus as Savior and Lord will God turn this nation around onto the righteous road of our blessed Savior and Lord, Whose forgiveness changes mankind and delivers from the beasts (demons) within!

I'm praying for God's Will to be for helping our nation to have a president who loves America and will yield to Him, although maybe not fully saved in Jesus, but do know about Him and how He works in good peoples' lives for a better world for all! Sure will take a lot of prayers to break the stronghold of satan upon our nation and those who rule wickedly through the demons possessing their minds and hearts but can be done, if enough of us will bow humbly before God and ask Him in Jesus' name to forgive us and by His hearing our hearts' crying, He will forgive and heal our land by helping us to have right minds with common sense to vote for they who love and will help heal the USA! Prayers, also, for your friend and the loved ones of his son, who took his own life! Amen! :angel: Ma

It almost destroyed me I dove deeper into drugs and overdosed many times almost dying and the whole time using my moms suicide as an excuse. That went on for years taking prescription pain killers , nerve pills ,and muscle relaxers by the handfuls. Shooting cocaine,Smoking crack and doing ice at other times I would do anything back then to change the way I felt. Drugs couldnt fill that big hole inside me only God could. If anyone is reading this and has a family member into drugs there is hope I was one the worst drug addicts thats ever been and the Lord set me free from it and he can do the same for them. One day God revealed to me that it was my choices that was destroying or had destroyed my life and I couldnt blame my decisions on somebody elses bad choices no matter how devastating they were to me. The choices your husband made hurt you but I see the Lord has healed you as he has healed me . I try by Gods grace to hold no unforgiveness in my heart toward anyone because it only poisions me and causes my soul to be at unrest. God bless you.

Hello Ma, Betty. I'm so glad to have seen your picture of you, for the first time! My Oh My ... but you don't look sick at all. Praise God! Like Steve says, I'm only a few years behind you and I owe it all to the Lord. I really wasn't sure if I was going to survive Leukemia but here I am 15 years late and in total remission. Thank YOU Lord. Good to see you, Ma Betty.

Thank you, Martin, but I am surprised for I have posted pics of myself, and of my MD Club Hunt group and others with my brothers and my sister and etc. for you to say that you have never seen a pic of me! I am so happy and PTL that you have survived Leukemia for 15 years! My cousin, whom I lived 3-1/2 miles from and was dear friends with and also school mates...took Leukemia in her 60's and after blood transfusions and hospitalization, she didn't live very long and passed away not very long after finding out she was ill with it! She was hoping for a bone-marrow transplant but none of her sisters and brothers had a match and she was too old to put on the register for a donor! I got to be with her for awhile, as she was in the hospital close to me when I lived in South County, St. Louis, MO and I saw her as much as I could while she was there! After leaving there she went home and died in the hosp where she lived in the country! I sure do miss her and her sister, who is a little younger than me, Naomi, who lives in TX near Dallas and with health problems along with a hip replacement, but too far for me to travel having poor health and low finances! I have out lived many younger than I am in my family and those I went to school with....but sooner or later, it will be our time and may we go peacefully in our sleep! Thank You, Lord, for Your mercies, for Your mercies endure forever! Amen! May God Bless and hope you are able to get out MD'ing soon and find some nice stuff to brag about! SMILE! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

calabash digger said:
Depression is a horrible disease I suffer from it but the Lord has brought me through it . My mother committed suicide on my 21 st birthday and my uncle killed himself when I was in 8th grade they suffered from it too .If only they had turned to the Lord things would have been different. WE have survived with the Lords help and I see you are having trials now but remember what the Apostle Paul wrote in Rom 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us. One day its not gonna be like this anymore all things are gonna be new and no more sickness what a day thats gonna be. I pray that the Lord keeps you and comforts you in all your trials.

Depression is something most of humans go thru at one time or another. When a person attempts suicide or succeeds at it most likely they are wanting the pain to end, not just to quit living. Depression is also called the common cold of the mind. It needs to be treated by professionals. Often times a person cannot climb out of the cycle of harmful thoughts by themselves. Many in the Bible are just like us. Elijah wanted God to end his life. Job at one time wished he had never been born. Rachel didnt want to go one living. We look at examples in the scriptures and admire the things they did. However they were not superhuman but people just like us. Yes we need Gods help, but at times we may need medical help

Amen, CD! God had a purpose for your life in serving Him and me also, so He wouldn't let us go and brought us to our knees to believe in Him and do His will before satan could destroy either one of us! God is good and He is good all the time! :angel: Ma

True irnwkr! My brother wouldn't accept help by going to the drs and getting meds that would have helped him get through the dark times, pull him out of the black hole satan gets us into and then be able to see things better with better thoughts! I was there but anti-depressants helped me and other meds helped me with the physical pain that my body was going through, so whether the pain in our bodies cause depression or depression causes the pain in our bodies, treatment is needed along with prayers to our Heavenly Father, Who helps us in our times of need with whatever we do need to feel better, even drs and meds! Jesus is the Great Physician, but God gave drs the minds for taking care of us with medicines and etc.! God Bless! :angel: Ma

Happy 80th ma!!

Thanks Doug, but that photo is from last year and I will be 81 next month! I look and feel old because I have really poor health right now....Edema has about got me under the weather for good, but with God and prayers I am doing some better! Still not able to do much, but legs and feet are not quite as sore and swollen as they were! If anyone doesn't know what Edema is: It is the swelling of legs and feet and are hot like fire to the touch and touching anything is painful, even in the bed! I am taking water pills, so they are helping accept I have to go to the bathroom too often and can hardly make it at times, for I walk very slowly! Hope all is well with you and yours, Doug! God Bless! :angel: Ma