Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how high do you run your sensitivity

petew

I was out for the third time with my new se pro and had the send up to 30 but didn't dig anything,just listened.I got what I thought were good signals but we're deep and I could tell around some other type of metal.so my question is,Will this false with the sens up that high and make a bad target sound good?

You can get a lot more falsing if your Sens. Is to high for the location you are hunting. Plus for someone newer to the series it will become down right frustrating.

You do not mention if you are in Manual or Auto mode Sensitivity.
I will assume your in Auto.

What I recommend is try going as high in Manual mode Sensitivity until it gets chattery then back it down a few numbers till shes quieter. Over time you will get better accustomed to how high you can run it. Also, over time you will get a better feel for which mode works better for said certain locations you are hunting. Although many times Auto tends to be off the ideal mark IMHO.
There are plenty of times for example 16 Manual is as high as I can go. Dont be fooled into thinking that the higher the Sensitivity the better as this is not always the case.

Also just out of curiousity what do you have your gain set at?

Just turned it on,gain is at 8..I'm wondering does it turn back on to the last settings used before I turned it off?

I like mine at 6. Remember if you max the gain which basically amplifies the signal it can be hard to tell the faint deeper hits. Thats how I like mine anyhow.
I am sure there are some out there that run it maxed at 8 but, then the fainter signals tend to get mixed in with the mid range target sounds I think but, thats only my perspective.
The SE Pro comes preset at 8 and I still turn it back down to 6 as the same as my XS-II.
I have excellent hearing though and wear good quality Grey Ghosts so, some might need that higher gain I suppose.

I run Auto sensativity at 30 seems too work fine in my area :thumbup: