Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How fast units the tesoros are compared to other brands?

sling

so can i swing the tesoros faster without loosing targets than the slow minelabs?
and im still not really sure the smaller or the biger coil is faster ?

Tesoro machines are ver fast, thats why you see such large quantities of them being used in competition hunts. The DeLeon and Cortes are not very fast (ID machines), but the non-ID machines are very fast. You can easily prove it by waving a coin across the coil as fast as you can. People are usually surprised when they do that.

The Tesoros are a hybrid between state-of-the-art high gain/low noise/low power electronics and analog response models. Most of todays other instruments are digital and do much of their work, espcially DISC, in software. The Minleabs are a good example.

What all this techno-babble means is that the Tesoros are fast on target response. There is very little delay with them and as scully noted, the non ID units are very fast indeed.

I'm rolling on the floor here. Thanks...that was some good stress relief :rofl:

Hey...betcha you can hear it further away, too :rofl:

:detecting:

I like to use my Golden in the trashier sites with a widescan coil because of the recovery speed and the tone id. There are faster responding detectors, but not any that keep the trash out of the high tone response zone like the Golden.

Happy :detecting:

The Sovereign is not digital - I should have been more precise. I was thinking of the Explorer series.

In air testing the Tejon, it seems to get more depth with a faster sweep speed. Anyone care to comment on this? I doubt that a faster sweep would be wise in iron or trash but maybe out in the open in scattered targets some extra depth might be gained. I just don't know, I have heard that the Vaquero requires a slower than normal sweep speed :confused:

I agree about the fast sweep speed with the Tejon. I was in a park Tuesday and I was swinging very fast b/c I was walking to the car and it was getting dark. I heard a blip and I went over it again and it smoothed out - it was a clad quarter at about 7". I was amazed because I was swinging so fast that I was half just goofing off and not expecting to find anything.

Depends on depth. If a quarter is 4" down, my Deleon will tone at a fast swing. Deeper targets could be missed, but the typical 2 second sweep picks up just about anything. Even a 1 second sweep doesn't miss miss much.

The other brand goes "Bing-Boing" when it finds a target. The Tesoros (either one) go Beep.
By the time the other brand goes bing-boing, I'm 4 or 5 inches past the target. I then have to zero in on the target while the detector is going bing-boing-bing-boing. I don't know whether to dig the bings or the boings, they seem to be 2 or 3 inches apart.
When Tesoro says Beep, you're smack over the target.
Does anyone want to buy a real nice "Yellow" machine?

Hehehe, you're right about that, Bob. You literally HAVE to use the pinpoint button on ol' yeller. I hardly ever switch to AM on my Deleon, unless I am figuring the size of the target.

Dan