Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How does your Vaquero sound?!?

manganos

I just received my Vaquero and air tested it. I don't notice a difference in iron and lead as far as sound goes. There is a VERY small difference but nothing like my other machines. Is this normal?

If you're searching in all metal I'd say its normal.

other than that if you're discriminating you should rarely detect iron. It gets fooled by large and round pieces once in a while, but if its not a clean tone don't dig it.

I've yet to see a detector that can ignore iron completely, but tesoro is just about the best there is in that department.

Just dig the clean tones first......then if you're looking to really clean up go back for the iffy signals when you have lots of time.

not sure what a clean tone is? drop a coin and run your coil over it

Thanks. I can hear the clean tone but iron sounds an awful lot like lead or a coin. This thing sure it light!!!! I'm sure I'll have great luck and it will be a welcome addition to my other detectors!

Iron really gives itself away when you try and pinpoint it. The center will wander quite a bit, but a single coin will not. A coin will usually sound good from most directions iron will not.

Manganos...

Its a question of proper tuning and taking the time to use the detector out in the field.

Tesoros are noted for their great sound and because of their Analog Audio Circuit, have a language second to none when attempting to differentiate the good from the bad. The new Vaquero and Cibola are no Expectation to this rule and once you get familiar with the language and start listening and confirming, you'll find this edge in your Vaquero is simply Exceptional!!!

Take it back to your Tesoro Dealer unless you haven't, and have him demonstrate the differences.