Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How does the T-2 handle trashy sites??

Hi there. I'm thinking of trading my Vaquero in for either a new minelab X-Terra 705 ( Second generation ) , or a like new ( Used once for 15 Minutes ) T-2. They will both cost me the same amount and I'm having a hard time deciding which one to go for. I mainly hunt old homes that are trash / Iron infested here in Northern Wisconsin , so I need a detector that has good target seperation and can still hit deep old coins. Thanks for any advice that you can shed on this subject. Also if you can briefly tell me what you like about your T-2's or any other advice that you think might help me come to a decision on which detector to trade for. Thanks again , CoinShooter-Craig

Don't know anything about the 705 but, The T-2 is light, simple to use, and 4 AA batteries last a very long time. The T-2 will still have warranty with it right? Will the 705?

& pretty much the only reason I keep one around since I have the F75 too.....
Running with 1 tone & disc on 21 & high sensitivity will do great in the nails & iron trash even with the stock coil as it's DD. Add the new 5" DD coil & it gets even better........
HH,
Bill

Ya the T-2 still has the warranty.
dave5710 said:
Don't know anything about the 705 but, The T-2 is light, simple to use, and 4 AA batteries last a very long time. The T-2 will still have warranty with it right? Will the 705?

I did a little research on both detectors and I'm sure both would work fine for me , but I'm going for the T-2. I have a Minelab E-Trac , and I think the T-2 would make a good compliment to my detector arsenol. I'm almost thinking that if it works as good as I've heard it may become my main detector. I've only been using my E-Trac since this spring , but I have a problem with it making rusty nails sound good and I've been digging alot of rusty nails which has been getting me frustrated. I rather dig a pulltab than a dang rusty nail. Thanks for everyones advice! CoinShooter-Craig

n/t

I dig a clad quarter this morning that in the same 5" deep plug was a 3" rusty nail. I was in 3 tones and was getting mid and high tones and bouncy numbers up to a flickering 88. Just enough info for me to dig. I have been swinging the F 75 for two year's before I recently got the T 2 as a companion. At the very least it is equal to the 75 in trash and at times, I think it may be a tad better,IMHO. You won't go wrong with the T 2, for sure. HH jim tn

I purchased a T2 about a month ago after doing quite a bit of research. I think you'll be happy with it. I think it is a much better bang for your buck compared to the X-70 (especially when you have an Etrac).