Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How does the Spectra V3 do in trashy areas??

I bought my e-trac because it was supposed to do good in high trashy areas. granted I have pulled coins out of trashy sites that I couldn't find with my tesoro , but I have dug more rusty nails and bolts than I have ever dug before with the e-trac. Plus I get a good tone - hit the area again and get nothing , or I have a target that every time I scan over it I get different number readings ( FE & CO ). 90% of the sites I search are high trash , and while I do like my E-trac the things I mentioned above drive me a bit crazy. The e-trac just makes so many noises in a trashy area I have a hard time deciding if I should dig a target or not. Just curious how well the Spectra V3 handles trashy sites. Thanks for your input! CoinShooter-Craig

I put the 4x6 DD Shooter on and just pick the solid sounds first! Then if I have time I will go after some of the ify targets.

Jerry

There is a high trash program that I haven't used yet - I want the less discrimination so been mostly using the Coin & Jewelery program.
I'm still waiting out to see if they come out with a small coil that can take advantage of the Vision for three frequencies and work with the TX boost, and not skew the VDI numbers.

How good is the spectra V3 on target seperation?? Has any one dug coins with trash in the hole or plug with the coin?? Sorry for all the questions , but I'm seriously thinking of trading my e-trac in because I've dug enough rusty nails to build a house with them. No matter what settings I try I can't keep rusty nails from sounding diggable on my e-trac. I'd rather dig pulltabs than a dang rusty nail! Thanks , CoinShooter-Craig

I was out yesterday and got a good penny/dime hit at about 4" with my 5.3 coil. I cut my plug and checked the hole with my Garrett pinpointer and got a hit and pulled out a nail. Pinpointed in the hole again and found another nail....searched the hole again and found nothing... looked over at the plug and saw a penny just on top of the plug. The V3 did a good job on that one for me!

Generally, not the best idea. Nor is going to a larger coil. The challenges that come with trashy sites are best dealt with by using a smaller-than-stock coil and no more discrimination than you can tolerate.

For me, I favor the 6

I did a test on some deep iffy targets that I suspected were cut nails and found the Etrac and the Vision both responded about the same as a iffy sounding target.I dug 6 of the targets and they were all deep over 8"rusty cut nails as expected.One machine was not any better than the other to my ears and both made me feel 90% sure the targets were in fact nails.Both were in factory coin mode for the test,Ray.

Monte - I would like to use a small coil for the trashy areas, but would like to enable the TX boost feature when I get into cleaner grounds with the coil.
Sometimes I get into areas where it's just easier to swing a smaller coil, and if the areas then is not trashy, that's where the TX may be a handy feature to use at times.
I think should have been more clear on my reply.