Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you water detect??

douglaskc

Okay so I've never water hunted before. My Tiger Shark is on the way here. I'll either be water hunting in small freshwater lakes or in Lake Michigan, which can have big waves. I'm not going to scuba dive but wade out up to my neck at the most.

So how does this work? I know I need a long handled scoop....but what else? What is the technique? Do you bring like a sifter out with you? Do you sift with the scoop underwater? Do use the scoop like a shovel and step on it? What else do you have with you? Do you have a mask and snorkel to look in the water? Weight belts? Give me any and all information you can please!

Thanks in advance!

There's already tons of answers to your question on this part of Findmall. Please scan back 10-20 pages and read the posts. You can also use the "search" function on the top of the page. After you have done that if you want my 25 cents worth, PM me and I'll try to answer uncovered questions. You are kind of asking the FAQ part of a website. There's lots of good info and learning on here. Just look a bit.
You'll enjoy water hunting. Sounds like with the tector you are getting is a solid reliable fresh water detector. The only thing I'll add is I always harp on wading water detector folks to get an inflatable sport fishing or kayaking life jacket. _ _ it happens! In the water it is likely to be drowning by stupidity or carelessness if you want to be more politically correct. See you on the forum...Jim

Go to youtube and check for a few videos by OldBeechNut, he is on here too! I am not a water hunter but this is one of my favorite categories to read here at FindMall! Also search for cjc in the search box, his books are the best!
Kind Regards,
Steve

Oops! I should have said put cjc in the "search author" box, the hit then search button. Try "oldbeechnut" there too.

Steve

Very simple ... take your scoop and detector to the beach and spend a few hours with it in the dry sand.

Hunt and recover the targets with your eyes closed ... you can look into the scoop once you have made your scoop but not until then.
It wont take long and you will be an expert.