Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How do you seal your 1400 DD coil from getting wet?

Andrew,

If it's where the top and bottom half meet, you might try some silicon glue to see if that might work.

OldeTymer
TheTreasureLeague.com

If you have a crack in the coil housing, Permatex makes a product that should work. It is a flowable silicon sealer called Windshield and Glass Sealer. It should be available anywhere Permatex products are sold. I get it at a local auto parts store, some ACE hardware stores also has it. Just be sure the insides of the coil are good and dry before you seal it up.

the permatex sounds good or aqua seal, its a urethane glue. any urethane glue should work. aqua seal is carried in allot of sporting goods stores or do a search in goggle. north west river supply's carry it. make absolutely sure it is absolutely dry before you seal it
i would let it sit for a few days in a warm low humidity environment like a gas oven with the pilot light on before you glue it

If it were mine, it being a Whites coil I would send it back in to Whites and let them fix it, most likely they wouldn't charge much if anything and I would feel a lot better about the integrety of the coil.