Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how deep ?

rever5101

just curious on everybody's average depth for silver coin finds im in a major slump no silver yet this year !& ive hit everything HARD :veryangry::rant:

I have yet to find any silver at all... So i'm interested in reading the posts here!!!!:detecting:

Most of my silver has been found at 4 to 6 inches, I've been really lucky this year with the locations. keep trying guys, nobody stays in a slump forever. For me it is all about location. the deepest silver for me was about 8 inches deep for a walking liberty half.

I found a silver dime at 8+ inches at a beach and just the other day found a silver quarter and a silver dime at 1 inch. They can be at any depth ! Don't give up you'll find one!
Happy Hunting:detecting:

Easily within the range of most detectors. The deepest I've found? About 8" - 10" on a Barber half under a large tree root. Quarters at 5" and dimes at the same. Like most targets, they are not normally beyond the range of most quality detectors, in my experience. Its being where they were once lost and being the FIRST there that seems to matter more.

If you have detected those areas before and found silver, I would suggest you slow down an listen for those questionable signals. I bet when a good target is under your coil, you will hear it. Be patient and keep on searching, it's only a matter of time. Kip...:)

Keep searching. This year I have not gotten out to detect much, but i have found silver every time. Last year with much more detecting, I had a hard time finding any silver.

The weird thing is that I got one silver Rosie and two silver Quarters in pocket change over a two week period! Hang in there.

There is no average depth for silver in any given area. I've found silver just under the surface and at ten inches plus. Most dropped silver is well within the reach of the average detector

Bill