Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

how cold can you go?

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Got out for a short hunt tonight as temps dropped, 18 degrees and the Equinox performed flawlessly. I was using the 6 inch on a site in an old ghost town that I have pounded repeatedly, some of the targets were masked some were in the brush and weeds that the bigger coil physically couldn't reach. The finds included a small lead drop, curry comb fragment, oil lamp part and an 1859 white cent {nickel Indian} that pretty toasty but managed to pick out the date.
HH Jeff

That’s actually a rare coin there Jeff,if it is indeed 1859. You’ll want to check that further...
The cold itself doesn’t stop me,I have gone many times in the 20s and even teens. The diamond-hard ground is what stops me.

Nice finds Jeff cold doesn’t stop me lol

IDXMonster said:
That’s actually a rare coin there Jeff,if it is indeed 1859. You’ll want to check that further...
The cold itself doesn’t stop me,I have gone many times in the 20s and even teens. The diamond-hard ground is what stops me.
It is indeed a 59, unfortunately it won't even grade good. The snow cover has kept the frost to a minimum in most places.
Jeff

It won't grade well? Ya think.
That's a good one no matter. HHunting

That's it????? Guess I'm gonna have to come & show ya how to find them Seated! :rofl:
All kidding aside, congrat's on tuffing it out & making some nice finds! Nice "fatty" !
Not getting too much on the beach here in Florida, but at least I'm out of the snow & cold!!!

Iowa Dale

Congrats on the old Indian !

Cold Weather Detecting ...
I spoke with a Minelab Tech. years ago and he said it's OK to use your metal detector in very cold weather but " never bring your machine into a heated area after it's be out in severe cold" !
He said do not put your machine in the front of your car by the heater or bring it right into your house.
Condensation can build up and it can damage your processor !

So ever since talking to him, I wrap my control box in a towel and put the machine in the Minelab carry bag so it warms up slowly.

Good Hunting !