Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How are you liking the new update???

Bud-sc

As for me being a beach Hunter it's work good not digging bottle caps. Saving a lot of time!!! Just want to know how it's working out for other people. Thanks...

After two hunts in bottle cap infested sites I can definitely say that the 2.0 update will identify steel alloy crown bottle caps on my Nox 600 with F2 at 2. The older Fe set at 2 would not identify most steel alloy crown bottle caps well at all. Set at 3 on the Nox 600 (maximum setting) Fe Iron Bias would give low iron tones as I moved the coil slowly away from a bottle cap. The new F2 set even at 2 will iron tone loudly on every bottle cap so far when I engage the horseshoe button. Awesome!!! I really like the adjustable backlight for the 600 too. I have not had a chance to test other ferrous targets in the field yet....

Jeff

Are we losing depth with f2?

I don't run my FE any higher than 1 because I was losing depth which is no different than I was use to with my Fishers so I accept the trade off of bottle caps vs depth.

Trailduster said:
Are we losing depth with f2?

I don't run my FE any higher than 1 because I was losing depth which is no different than I was use to with my Fishers so I accept the trade off of bottle caps vs depth.
I’m with you I ran mine iron bias 0 FE 2 at 2 yesterday in a clean area no bottle caps dug some very deep coins dimes silver and pennies wheats I was using no discrimination and
I had my sensitivity maxed out at 25!
In field 2 pulled some nice coins in 2 hours
Mark

I did some more testing yesterday in my test garden and got no loss of signal even at F2 - 9 on 10 to 12" coins.
There was more of a chance of a slight iron buzz at F2 - 6 and up, depending on how I swung over the targets.

The good and bad here to me is....... HOW MUCH TO USE..... just how much is to much? An aggressive setting toward the 9 or more toward the 0 can have its + or -. What is your goal....eliminate bottle caps or just make them more obvious? This can be different ...... EXPERIENCED dirt hunters may want to move toward the 0 end of the scale to unmask targets like silver. As a beach hunter i want to know its a bottle cap but NOT eliminate it completely. In most cases im not doing a lot of unmaking and certainly dont want to knock out small gold.

Went out yesterday to a large park that I hunt regularly. There are several small areas in this park that I have always had trouble with because of EMI. I was using park2 like I normally do with IB set at 2. as I passed thru one of the areas with heavy EMI I got a signal of 20-21 but couldn't get it to repeat--at least not in the same exact spot. I was going to move on but I switched over to F2 set at 2 and there was no change but when I bumped it up to 6 the EMI was still there but the signal came thru clearly and I was able to pinpoint it and got a 8-9 in deep wheat penny. Im not saying this update is a cure for EMI but I am definitely going to do some more experimenting in areas ive had trouble with in the past

dewcon4414 said:
The good and bad here to me is....... HOW MUCH TO USE..... just how much is to much? An aggressive setting toward the 9 or more toward the 0 can have its + or -. What is your goal....eliminate bottle caps or just make them more obvious? This can be different ...... EXPERIENCED dirt hunters may want to move toward the 0 end of the scale to unmask targets like silver. As a beach hunter i want to know its a bottle cap but NOT eliminate it completely. In most cases im not doing a lot of unmaking and certainly dont want to knock out small gold.

We from what I can tell from digging anywhere from 20 to 40 bottle caps a day with the old update the new update works very well. Its hard to explain the sound in words but definitely when you go over a bottle cap you can tell what it is. BUT yes you are right about one thing whats to much with out knock out small gold like dental gold for example. Up so far tested everything in my wife's jewelry box and no issues yet.....

jmaclen said:
After two hunts in bottle cap infested sites I can definitely say that the 2.0 update will identify steel alloy crown bottle caps on my Nox 600 with F2 at 2. The older Fe set at 2 would not identify most steel alloy crown bottle caps well at all. Set at 3 on the Nox 600 (maximum setting) Fe Iron Bias would give low iron tones as I moved the coil slowly away from a bottle cap. The new F2 set even at 2 will iron tone loudly on every bottle cap so far when I engage the horseshoe button. Awesome!!! I really like the adjustable backlight for the 600 too. I have not had a chance to test other ferrous targets in the field yet....

Jeff

So does the new "F" setting only work in all metal? OR does it allow the non-ferrous targets to be identified better when all metal is pressed?

Thanks Dave

Dave-
My understanding is, by the tutorial, the new "F" setting works BETTER in all metal and will help identify more ferrous targets better. Does that mean more non-ferrous items are heard better? Maybe.

midalake said:
1. So does the new "F" setting only work in all metal?
OR
2. Does it allow the non-ferrous targets to be identified better when all metal is pressed?
Thanks Dave

1. No.
2. Yes.

unearth said:
Dave-
My understanding is, by the tutorial, the new "F" setting works BETTER in all metal and will help identify more ferrous targets better. Does that mean more non-ferrous items are heard better? Maybe.

Correcto. :thumbup:

To me the goal is not to disc out caps...... but to ID them by what ever that takes. So running in AM gives a lot more information without the chopped tones in the lower digits because you really want to hear that iron. Ive just not had enough time on the machine lately to test.

dewcon4414 said:
To me the goal is not to disc out caps...... but to ID them by what ever that takes. So running in AM gives a lot more information without the chopped tones in the lower digits because you really want to hear that iron. Ive just not had enough time on the machine lately to test.

That is my understanding as well. I noticed on my 2 hour hunt (partially in AM) that there was a nuance with the 2 bottle caps I dug (and iron in general) that WAS NOT there before. I wasn't really tricked by the bottle caps but I dug them as it was an iffy signal, but for sure I was leaning towards iron.
Bottle caps are not a big problem where I hunt but before the update they for sure sounded better with Fe of 2, as compared to the new setting of Fe2 of 4.

Further, having the machine in 50 tone really helps as you get all the information of the metal passing. (It does not at all sound like just the strongest signal is coming through. There is more of a description.)

EMS

trojdor said:
unearth said:
Dave-

Correcto. :thumbup:

First off thanks! I really do not have an issue on the beach with bottle caps where I hunt. However because the 1-2 and 5 peso coin are ferrous they give me issues, lots of issues. Not that I do not mind digging a few. they ring in from -4 to -7. Right now the detector ignores about half, another quarter have to be looked at closer but do ring up ferrous, then out of the last quarter probably 10% ring higher due to salt encrusting. It will be interesting to see how many of these disappear with the update.

Dave