Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

How about proof of what the X-terra 50 can do in the hands of someone who can use it..

snh

25 years of detecting and I still like new machines. The 50 is a nice machine. i have no problems on shallow coins but then again I am not after clad.
These two bust dimes came out of a pounded field that I have slammed for 5 years. Not sure how they were not found....I have used every machine out before and these had been gone over before as we have hit this field with what i would guess is about 400 man hours.
These were right in the middle of our hot spots....oh well...who cares...glad we missed em.
They were down about 7"....of course I give true depth...that is 6-7" of dirt but one has to account for 2" of sod and the field grass is about 6" but not high enough to interfere with the coil much.
:)

I'm finding clad coins in dry sand beach conditions at 7-9" and they're not a whisper either, so I suspect if I slow down and really put my ear to the ground my 70 will exceed those depths.
I've watched with dismay the number of X-Terras that have made it on the used detector market and I have no idea why so many have given up on theirs before they've really even had time to learn how to use them <i>well</i> or know their capabilities.
When the small coil hits the market, I suspect many will venture back in the X-Terra camp, because the X-T70 is a good, solid, extremely versatile performer. I've used many detectors in the past 20 odd years, and it's right up there with any of them.

I can see some minor issues...especially with it being hot off the edge of the coil. But I don't have any issues with target masking above and beyond what I see on many other detectors.
True it is not a Compass or as fast as a T-2 for recovery but for me the target ID is more stable at depth than my T-2 was.
I want an X-terra 70 now...but no cash for the moment.
I hunt in all metla which is how I hunt with any detector. I generally use a wide open disc setting with any ID detector which is why i never use a Tesoro...I don't like to disc out iron.
So when I run it at sens of 20 and all metal it is as deep as anything else I have seen for the most part....in my area.
Here...most detectors end up with the same depth...just the way the ground is here...not bad but enough iron and minerals to even out the playing field.
I don't see what all the whining was about unless they have a quality issue and some are good and some are bad.
I will say i do not like it as much in the patterns mode...you loose something it seems.
SNH

for the crops to be harvested around here. Most of the "hot spots" that my brother and I have found over the past 35 years are now farm fields. But the ears are dropping on the corn, and the leaves are turning on the soy beans. So, it should just be a matter of a few weeks now. I will be very surprised to get any bust coins, as this part of the Country wasn't settled until the mid-1850's. But anything is possible. Thanks for posting the pic. Gives me something to think about for the next couple weeks! HH Randy

The pattern modes remind me of the presets on the DFX. Use them, and you wind up using half the detector's capabilities. But sometimes they come in handy in certain circumstances. I like all-metal much better. It's easy to pick through the grunts and hear the tweets of a good target.

The line of xterras are some kick butt machines! I think the guys who unload theirs are not using them long enough to find out just how good they really perform. I too await the harvest of crops around here to get back in the fields.

I seriously haven't spent the time to learn my 50 yet. It is just so easy to grab the detector I am use to. My brother, Digger, keeps telling me I need to use it more.
Good Finds I Likum
Bill

Model does not matter...if your favorite one works for you that is all that matters.
I have used em all and for me most any detector from the 500 buck range and up will do as good as any other as long as the time is spent to figure out how to maximize it.
I would rather use a 450 dollar machine I am used to and familiar with than a 1000 dollar machine that is foreign to me... especially in new ground.
snh