Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Houston, I think I may have a a problem! Would you all look at this and give me your opinion? I

Sunny

got up this morning and was going to bring my lap top up. A black screen with gray writing was telling me something about We apologize for the inconvenience , explaining windows had stopped responding, was interrupted and stuff like that. Went on to say something about safe mode, several things to try. And in a highlighted box it says start windows normally. When I clicked on that, it just kept doing the same thing. I can't get anything to come up.

Is this a serious problem? Any ideas on what I can do to fix it? Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Sunny

I am writing from my desktop computer now. Thanks! :(

Hello Sunny, here is a site to download free Anti-virus , http://free.avg.com/ . it,s updates you daily too. You might check it out I been using it for a couple of years with no problems. Have A Great Day Bayrat

at start up. Often, just rebooting it, it will continue. Worth a try, cost nothing. Or hit f-8 and see which one is giving you the problem.
Mine at times will start minus the monitor driver being loaded. Reboot and its fine.....

n/t

If Windows XP does not start
For additional information about steps to take if Windows XP does not start, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
304449 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304449/) How to start the System Restore tool from a command prompt in Windows XP
If Windows XP starts
1. Log on to Windows as Administrator.
2. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.
3. On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
4. On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system checkpoint in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next. A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.
5. On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.
6. Log on to the computer as Administrator. The System Restore Restoration Complete page appears.
7. Click OK.

remember how computer iliterate I am. I appreciate the try. Can I use my desktop to type in the steps to take in the Microsoft Knowlege Base. Goodness knows I don't want to screw up another computer. I am good at this, just not good at fixin' them! :cry:

GO to "Start", "Help and Support", "System Restore" on the right, Make sure that Restore computer to an earlier time is checked, click "NEXT" and pick a day or so earlier than you had the problem and click next again and follow the instructions.

wait a minute, then when you turn the power back on quickly tap F8 as soon as the screen starts. There will usually be a couple seconds of black screen with white letters, you must be tapping F8 to catch this quickly before it changes to an error page. Are you getting a "blue screen"? What does the error page say? Can you give me the error page message? Do you have XP home or professional?
Give me enough info and we may be able to solve the prob.

is why there are people that repair them. Take it to a shop and have it looked at. That is what I have to do when I can not figure it out:shrug: