Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hotter coil

dbennett7

just curious i run my e trac mostly in auto plus 3 and my freind runs his in manual for the most part mine seems to be at least as good or not better than his has anybody heard if its possible for a coil to run hotter than others both are stock coils but mine seems to do just as good in auto thanks dennis

Well auto is definately more stable, but manual is stronger no doubt. Auto is quieter, and manual is more chirpy......I say it depends on the site. If I am hunting somewhere with a lot of trash or iron like a house yard or trahy park, I will run auto. Now if I am hunting smewhere like a ball field that is fairly clean I will crank up manual. Different methods for different sites

Another thing to consider is mind/audio fatigue. If you're running manual and getting a ton of falsing you can actually get desensitized to signals and miss targets that would otherwise stand out loud and clear on the more stable auto +3. If I'm hunting large open areas or places without much trash I crank the manual and swing fast to cover ground and for deep targets. If it's mid to high trash I usually run manual but slow down a lot more. If I'm feeling lazy or just want to relax I run auto +3 or if I've ran manual for a long time and need a break I might switch to auto for a while.