Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hot spot

bonnie

hi everyone..can anyone tell me where the hotspot is on the coil.of the ex2.im digging holes i know theres something there but its almost impossable to find the find lol..:wiggle:

Bonnie,

The Explorer coil is a DD configuration. The entire center strip is hot (for greater ground coverage per sweep). The manual gives instructions on how to pinpoint. It is quite easy after you learn how to use it.

HH,
Glenn

:confused: I'm guessing at this one but I would try to pin point the object by using a + pattern .......going back and forth one way then back and forth the other. The center of the coil will be the pin point. If your still having trouble try a quarter on the ground and visually pinpoint it and you'll find your targets closer.
Another alternative would be to purchase a probe in assisting in locating a target in a hole.
Maybe some one else could chime in and give their oppinion... :beers:

The center strip is the hot part of the coil. I will wiggle my coil back and forth until I get the strongest signal and then slowly work my coil back towards me until the signal disappears and your target should be right at the front edge of your coil. Works for me....:( HH.

Eddie

This will help you with the deeper finds to locate them. The hotspot on the stock coil is just under the logo sticker on the top of the loop. Good Luck and HH.