Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hot Rocks -95. Is this Normal Auto ground balance?

texbaz

I have been using my MXT just about every day since I received it from Whites. Sent it in for a checkup,the Tech made a comment on his report back to me that he made adjustments to the ground balance trimmers,and he had changed the LCD window. Ever since I received it back, when I power up and go through the ground balance procedure I get the Hot Rocks, with a VDI of -95 and it seems to just hang at that even after I move the coil up and down approx 2''-4'' from the ground.

Before I sent it in I could power up have a blank display place the coil about 2"-4" pump a few times and watch the auto ground balance go through it's procedure.
Is it normal to always get a "Hot Rocks" indication as part of the ground balance procedure.

It seems to operate properly I have found coins with it just like before I just don't understand why I'm all of a sudden seeing this on power up.

Thanks
Mike

I don't know if this will help?? TRY moving to where you think there is clean ground and try bobbing its head until it balances. TRY it a third time. If it constantly reads the -95 Hot Rock send it back and tell them to make it right.

Kidcentavo, thanks for the response. I did call White's Wednesday and spoke to a tech in the service dept. He said that as far as the unit displaying the HOT ROCKS-95 when I first turn on and ground balance sounds about right? since, the unit has not yet achieved ground balance it would be an appropriate indication. The machine just seems to act differently.

I have been trying to educate myself on the subject of ground balance and it is pretty confusing, When in Prospecting mode I would read the GRN=# was an indication as what my mineralization. But from reading some of the archive threads,I now see that it really is not an actual percentage of mineralization,It is a number that the MXT is using to ground balance. Recently I have started looking at that number and I find here in North Texas it can be anywhere from GRN=25 to GRN=88 it is constantly changing. I guess that is why the modern auto tracing machines are so accurate.