Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hot Black Coffee And The Sunrise

Cupajo

Hot, black coffee, no sugar or flavoring other than the coffee beans, usually Colombian, starts my day off right. Add a view of the broad expanse of Long Island Sound and the multi-colors of the fast approaching sunrise and I am enjoying the beginning of what promises to be a perfect day. The water has only a small ripple and the wind has died down to nothing and if the thermometer was at 50 instead of 27 degrees I would be having serious thoughts about warming up my Infinium LS metal detector. Alas, not today, but that day is only a few short weeks away and I am really looking forward to it.

Winter wind and wave action have moved many tons of sand out into the water and no doubt covered those cobblestones I walked on last fall while searching the waist deep water for illusive treasure. Maybe it would be a good idea to search the waters edge first, because with so much sand moved around there may be treasures within reach now that were under a foot or more of sand last fall. As always, treasure hunting is a crap shoot, but if you don

n/t

A great way to start the out. Love to watch the morning rays of light peering though the sunrise, see wildlife wake up and start moving. Life is sure peaceful then.

I need that peacefull start to my day, cause it gives me the strength to go home and wake up the old "she bear".

:rant:(My wife is not a morning person!):rant:

Hi Mikie,

I stopped drinking coffee for a long time back in the early eighties.

My wife and I went to Nevada to visit with my youngest sister and we stopped for gas around midnight with only an hour or so to get where we were going.

I drank a half cup of black coffee and had a tough time going to sleep a day or two after.

I must have drunk a few hundred gallons since, but have never had that happen again.

The best coffee of all time for me was at a camp breakfast in Nebraska that some Old Friends took us to.

The coffee was brewed over an open fire in a pot that had to hold at least 5 gallons and was on a rod so you could tip it over to fill your huge enameled mug without lifting the whole pot.

Good Coffee and great memmories!

Cupajo

Man we share that one -- except for the black coffee. I gotta have a little sweetner to take the edge off.

But when I fish (3 times a week in the Spring) I like to stay all day, watching the sun come up and watching it go down as well. Beholding that beauty X 2 is a great by-product to a good fishin' day.

I too, am thinking of my metal detector, but I have "miles to go" before I break that thang out. (crappie/bass fishin', turkey huntin' etc). This retirement gig is all it's cracked up to be! :D

Thanks for the story, cupajo! Good one, as usual. <><

aj

Hey AJ,

It's nice to get feed back.

I'd not enjoy writing nearly as much if I were only writing for myself!

I do seem to share common ground with the readers who take the time to reply and I suspect perhaps some that don't reply as well.

Thanks Pal,

Cupajo

PS As for retirement--------------I've heard of it!