Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hospital Point Light , Beverly Massachusetts...

Ron J

[attachment 46354 HPIM0533.JPG]I just take it for granted,that Lighthouse's are many, but are all unique in design,and location. Never paid much attention to it either,but within a 30 mile distance from Beverly,there are 16 or so lighthouse's. Just standing near Hospital Point Light,i can see three more. Bakers Island light to the left,Marblehead light little to the right,and Winter Island Light to the right. I listed pictures before of this Light,from the water,so here it is,next to the street,Bayview Ave., in Beverly. Bayview Ave.,is a more exclusive area,older Victorian style,and size homes,with a few mansions,in between! A HIGH Tax bracket is nescessary to live here! This Light is part of a "RANGE" also.From the water,entering Beverly Harbor,it would be on your right,with a rotating light. On the left,is a solid light,mounted in the steeple of an extremely old church steeple.Don't know if it will show,close enough,but the light is almost mid steeple,with a square window. Note the Flag, at half-mast, in honor of President Ford. The Commandant of the Coast Guard, First District/Boston, lives here with family.I believe they rotate every 2/4 yrs. Enjoy! RJ[attachment 46349 Newburyport027.jpg][attachment 46350 Newburyport023.jpg][attachment 46351 Newburyport028.jpg][attachment 46352 Newburyport021.jpg][attachment 46353 Newburyport022.jpg]

around us! I enjoyed all of the photos. I sat drinking my coffee this morning and looked at all of your posts. I love lighthouses, are just really pretty to look at!

Going back and researching some of your Dad's history had to be fun and very informative! I loved the one he made, and you were right to leave it just the way he did. It has your dad's character assigned to it.

Thanks for sharing all of these beautiful photos with us. Looks like you had a "brisk" walk when your were following the railroad tracks. Did people live in the houses when the trains still ran there? If so, I bet they didn't even own a clock, as they could go by the railroad times! That might have gotten a little getting used to! :)

someone is going to the expense of preserving them. That can cost a bundle

These pics were a fantastic historical journey.:thumbup: Many thanks for taking the time Ron. They are a treat to take in !:clapping: