Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Horse Drawing

George-CT

Here is a picture of a rescue horse that a friend of my wifes has. His name is Mac, he is a Tennessee Walking Horse bred to be a show horse. He went thur 9 owners in 2 years, was badly abused. He now is used in demonstrations for Natural Horsemanship at liberty.

Pat Morris, a pet artist from Stafford Springs, Ct, was at a Dennis Reis clinic and saw Mac . She was so takend with him that she wanted to do a portrait of him.
She does these in pastels which I'm not quite sure what the mix is but here is a picture of the resulting drawing. I think its pretty realistic. We see more and more horses just being left around New England or just turned loose. Why someone would do that is beyond me when their are places that will take them willingy and find them a decent home...... Mac sure lucked out. I have problem painting a flat wall and have it look right so anyone who can draw catches my attention.

Geo-CT

it is near some acreage before you get to the 2010 Olympics,this horse appears abandoned by the owners,no one relay know where or who owns it,but fortunately it's kind of the city mascot.There are volunteers that feed it daily from their own supplies.Wish someone would just steal it if the owners do not feed it...

Alice and I were the drop off contact for the SPCA in Victoria. We either picked up, or had dropped off, a fair number of abused horses. The worst that we saw was one from Salt Spring Island. I have pictures around in one of the albums. So skinny..... almost not to be believed.

However, after some care, worming, good feed, she was given to a lady who doted on her. To the best of my knowledge, she is still going strong.

Fair winds

mikie

n/t