Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hopefully, I can get the poem typed that I promised!

Missouri -- Ma Betty

It is about Jesus' Crucifixion , Death & Resurrection, Who loved us so much that He willing took our place & died bearing all our sins stripes upon His own body--a terrible death as He willingly suffered for each Sinner that we might be saved unto EVERLASTING LIFE by having Sincere Believing Faith in His living, dying & living again for His human beings, formed in our mother's womb in His image! Jesus IS RISEN!!!

I CAN SEE: I CAN HEAR

At a place called Golgatha, I can see-
My precious, loving Savior, Who died for me;
Our Sacrificial Lamb very innocent and pure,
For everyones' sins, the cross He will endure;

I can see the people as they gather around,
Yelling and screaming, while Jesus they surround,
"Crucify Him!" to Pilate, they angrily cry;
"Free the murderer, Barrabbas, and let Jesus die!":

I can see them bowing in mocking scorn;
He is spit upon; His skin's beaten and torn;
With sharp piercing thorns they crown His head;
Our King of thr Jew's blood is being shed;

I can see Jesus struggling up to the peak;
His mutilated body has become painfully weak;
The cross He carries is getting heavier to bear;
So, a man called Simon finished carrying it there;

I can see our Savior's arrived at Mount Calvary;
He is nailed, unmercifully, to that rugged tree;
The awful sound of those hammers still prevail,
For I can hear them as they hit each nail;

I can see Jesus does not flinch nor cry,
As He hears them laughing and chiding nearby;
For our sins and iniquities, He took 39 stripes;
In His silence, He never complains nor gripes;

By His arms, hands and feet, Jesus is contained;
And between two thieves, He hangs blood-stained;
While soldiers are dividing the clothes He's worn,
Others weep for Jesus, Who's humiliated and forlorn;

I can see His mother, Mary, and hear her crying-
For her dear Son, Whom is agonizingly dying;
His tongue is swollen with a terrible thirst;
Almost suffocating, He feels His lungs will burst;

I can see Him offered vinegar, bitter with gall;
Then to His Father, I can hear Jesus call,
"My God, My God, why has Thou forsaken Me?";
God turned turned His back so sins He would not see;

After three hours of darkness, I can see-
Jesus give up the ghost and die willingly;
Now, the world's captives have been set free,
As He cried, "Father, forgive them!", at Calvary;

I can see the sword pierce Jesus, Who died,
Blood and water gushes from His wounded side;
Many people fear and tremble, for they realize-
Jesus was truly God's Son in fleshly disguise;

After Jesus' crucifixion an earthquake's assailing;
From top to bottom it rents the temple's veilling;
But in three days, the Temple is built again-
By His arising; being Victor over satan and sin;

I can see Joseph, a counselor, lay Jesus to rest,
After His body in linen cloth is dressed;
Guards watch the sepulcher throughout the night,
While a large stone is sealing the tomb tight.

I can see the women returning in the dawn.
With spices and ointments to prepare the Holy One;
But Jesus is gone; the stone is rolled away;
The tomb is empty; 'tis Jesus' Resurrection Day!

I can see them bow their heads; they are afraid,
Seeing two men in white robes where Jesus laid;
Hearing, "Why do you come? Jesus is not dead-
For He is risen just like He said!"

I can see them hurrying to spresd the news;
Shouting, "Jesus is alive victorious, didn't lose!";
The disciples are astonished and can hardly believe-
And think, Jesus is a Spirit, when Him they see;

I can see Thomas touching Jesus' hands and side,
As He appears, suddenly, to where they abide;
In flesh and bones, He joins them to eat-
Broiled fish and of an honeycomb, so sweet;

And I can see Jesus standing in clouds, ready to go,
For His work is finished, here, on Earth below;
Death has been conquered and He is ascending-

To reign in His Father's Kingdom without ending;

Someday, I can see Jesus when He descends-
In those same clouds, as this earthly age ends;
Then, forever in joyous ecstacy I will be,
When my blessed Savior I can see, eternally!

Composed by Sister Ma Betty--November 12, 1989
Copy Right. 1989--With All Rights Reserved

One copy is permitted per person God Bless--I pray Jesus is your Savior & Lord for He is a loving, wonderful Savior! Amen! This Computer switched to bold letters than back again in midstream--It is crazy or is it ME?? Ma

It is about Jesus' Crucifixion , Death & Resurrection, Who loved us so much that He willing took our place & died bearing all our sins stripes upon His own body--a terrible death as He willingly suffered for each Sinner that we might be saved unto EVERLASTING LIFE by having Sincere Believing Faith in His living, dying & living again for His human beings, formed in our mother's womb in His image! Jesus IS RISEN!!!

One copy is permitted per person God Bless--I pray Jesus is your Savior & Lord for He is a loving, wonderful Savior! Amen! This Computer switched to bold letters than back again in midstream--It is crazy or is it ME?? Ma
Ma, that is beautiful and very well written. Just in time for Easter! When we were very young, my mother used to sew our clothes. Easter was a special time and each year she would have a nice new dress for each of my sisters, a matching vest and pair of pants for me, and an outfit she made for herself with a new easter hat to match. She used a Singer Featherlight sewing machine and bought those paper patterns and picked out fabric at the 5¢ & $1 store. I can remember all the pieces cut with pinking shears so they would not fray, all laid out and pinned to the cut out paper patterns. She would work for hours in the evening, the little Singer purring away, and we would be called in on occasion to check the fit.... made to stop our squirming and stand still and tall while she intently adjusted this and that, pins between her lips. On the dresses, she would have fancy pleats and ribbons and lace and she would finish up, her fingers flying as she hand stitched the buttons and snaps and final touches.

When I read your poem and see the careful work you did fitting every word together so perfectly, every line stitched so neatly in place, and how beautifully it all comes together, it reminded me of that, thank you! Happy Easter!

Last edited:
Ma, that is beautiful and very well written. Just in time for Easter! When we were very young, my mother used to sew our clothes. Easter was a special time and each year she would have a nice new dress for each of my sisters, a matching vest and pair of pants for me, and an outfit she made for herself with a new easter hat to match. She used a Singer Featherlight sewing machine and bought those paper patterns and picked out fabric at the 5¢ & $1 store. I can remember all the pieces cut with pinking shears so they would not fray, all laid out and pinned to the cut out paper patterns. She would work for hours in the evening, the little Singer purring away, and we would be called in on occasion to check the fit.... made to stop our squirming and stand still and tall while she intently adjusted this and that, pins between her lips. On the dresses, she would have fancy pleats and ribbons and lace and she would finish up, her fingers flying as she hand stitched the buttons and snaps and final touches.

When I read your poem and see the careful work you did fitting every word together so perfectly, every line stitched so neatly in place, and how beautifully it all comes together, it reminded me of that, thank you! Happy Easter!

Thank you, Steve (Can) I have lots of poems inspired by God's Holy Spirit, but too many of them need proof read & typed! They were hand-written first!--My mom made quilts & clothing sewed on an old-time Singer foot- treadle sewing machine & it was still perfect for sewing when I sold it in the auction I had to do in 2017 ; so I could pay a big bill I owed because of goofing when selling my St. Louis, Mo South County home! Really hurt myself in that situation!

Mom wasn't a fancy sewer like your mom & didn't have the money to make beautiful dresses--just plain ones from flour sacks of sorted prints, from which she made hers, too! Never made boy's or men's clothing! Mom learned on her own, as her mom, my grandma, died in 1918 during the Spanish Flu Pandemic--Aunt myrtle was almost 5 & mom was 7--Granpa never remarried so when older they helped care for & kept house for him! I used to buy my daughter & son new outfits for Easter & then after church services we would all go to the ZOO--that was where most families went visiting on Easter Sunday, especially if the weather was a beautiful sunny & warm Spring Day--also, Easter egg hunting was in there, too! Busy time!! LOL!

I wished I could or would have typed them all & put them in Book Form--although I do have them mostly in clear plastic holders & those in NOTEBOOKS--dated by the years composed & written! Well, I didn't as I became too busy with Metal Detecting for treasure & with other hobbies--crocheting, sewing dresses for Tami while young & still at home, baking & decorating cakes! I loved making things & using my own ideas & coloe schemes! These hands were always busy cleaning house, doing yard work or whatever I decided to do at the time! Had to do a variety or get bored doing one thing too long but never MD'ing! Also, studied the Bible & wrote pages of what I was reading, as I could learn & maintain more of God's GOOD WORD more easily--I did that when I went to school. I was Valvictorian? in my Senior year! My spelling used to be great but memory fails me now!

Well thank you, again! I am so glad that someone else liked the poem; as it shows how Jesus suffered & died for everyone, because He created we Human-beings in His image & loves us so much that He wants us to be in His family by our sincere repentance & believing faith in Him that He truly is REAL, Alive & Loves us with an everlasting LOVE!! Amen! Ma

Thank you, Steve (Can) I have lots of poems inspired by God's Holy Spirit, but too many of them need proof read & typed! They were hand-written first!--My mom made quilts & clothing sewed on an old-time Singer foot- treadle sewing machine & it was still perfect for sewing when I sold it in the auction I had to do in 2017 ; so I could pay a big bill I owed because of goofing when selling my St. Louis, Mo South County home! Really hurt myself in that situation!

Mom wasn't a fancy sewer like your mom & didn't have the money to make beautiful dresses--just plain ones from flour sacks of sorted prints, from which she made hers, too! Never made boy's or men's clothing! Mom learned on her own, as her mom, my grandma, died in 1918 during the Spanish Flu Pandemic--Aunt myrtle was almost 5 & mom was 7--Granpa never remarried so when older they helped care for & kept house for him! I used to buy my daughter & son new outfits for Easter & then after church services we would all go to the ZOO--that was where most families went visiting on Easter Sunday, especially if the weather was a beautiful sunny & warm Spring Day--also, Easter egg hunting was in there, too! Busy time!! LOL!

I wished I could or would have typed them all & put them in Book Form--although I do have them mostly in clear plastic holders & those in NOTEBOOKS--dated by the years composed & written! Well, I didn't as I became too busy with Metal Detecting for treasure & with other hobbies--crocheting, sewing dresses for Tami while young & still at home, baking & decorating cakes! I loved making things & using my own ideas & coloe schemes! These hands were always busy cleaning house, doing yard work or whatever I decided to do at the time! Had to do a variety or get bored doing one thing too long but never MD'ing! Also, studied the Bible & wrote pages of what I was reading, as I could learn & maintain more of God's GOOD WORD more easily--I did that when I went to school. I was Valvictorian? in my Senior year! My spelling used to be great but memory fails me now!

Well thank you, again! I am so glad that someone else liked the poem; as it shows how Jesus suffered & died for everyone, because He created we Human-beings in His image & loves us so much that He wants us to be in His family by our sincere repentance & believing faith in Him that He truly is REAL, Alive & Loves us with an everlasting LOVE!! Amen! Ma
My grandmother's was a treadle, my mother's, a wedding gift, was the the little featherlight that fit in a case and could be easily packed to quilting bees. A few years ago, I picked up an old Singer 201, a model that was available with a pot electric motor and a nice desk and stool for storing attachments. It was introduced in the 30's, and after the war was made with metal from the surplus fighter and bomber aircraft. I didn't know where to start to restore it, so took it into a shop to replace old cracked wiring and to adjust and lube and set it up. The fellow told me it was like new inside and it whirs so nicely. It came with the original booklet, and oil can and all the attachements. With the proper needles, it will stitch through almost anything... leather, thick cotton, nylon straps, and polytarp... I got it because I am always fixing up camping gear and such and my wife who is a handy on a sewing machine helped me get going with it... she laughed and laughed about the caveman on the sewing machine, but I got the hang of it after a while. :p

Ma, I know how difficult it can be these days to type... if you were able to post scans of your poems (and we could read your handwriting (ha!) I'd be happy to type some of them out for you if you would like. My fingers go pretty fast on a keyboard and it would keep them busy in something other than getting into mischief. :lol:

My grandmother's was a treadle, my mother's, a wedding gift, was the the little featherlight that fit in a case and could be easily packed to quilting bees. A few years ago, I picked up an old Singer 201, a model that was available with a pot electric motor and a nice desk and stool for storing attachments. It was introduced in the 30's, and after the war was made with metal from the surplus fighter and bomber aircraft. I didn't know where to start to restore it, so took it into a shop to replace old cracked wiring and to adjust and lube and set it up. The fellow told me it was like new inside and it whirs so nicely. It came with the original booklet, and oil can and all the attachements. With the proper needles, it will stitch through almost anything... leather, thick cotton, nylon straps, and polytarp... I got it because I am always fixing up camping gear and such and my wife who is a handy on a sewing machine helped me get going with it... she laughed and laughed about the caveman on the sewing machine, but I got the hang of it after a while. :p

Ma, I know how difficult it can be these days to type... if you were able to post scans of your poems (and we could read your handwriting (ha!) I'd be happy to type some of them out for you if you would like. My fingers go pretty fast on a keyboard and it would keep them busy in something other than getting into mischief. :lol:

I appreciate that but most need proof read & my writing I am not sure you would be able to read, as many were written in the same day & written quickly, as God's Holy Spirit flowed fast through me, before I forgot what was said from beginning to end! Thank you for offering kind Sir! Ma

I appreciate that but most need proof read & my writing I am not sure you would be able to read, as many were written in the same day & written quickly, as God's Holy Spirit flowed fast through me, before I forgot what was said from beginning to end! Thank you for offering kind Sir! Ma
No worries, Ma, happy to help. The offer stands if you or your daughter are able to scan them... you could always proof read, and make changes and correct any typing boo-boos afterwards. :thumbup:

No worries, Ma, happy to help. The offer stands if you or your daughter are able to scan them... you could always proof read, and make changes and correct any typing boo-boos afterwards. :thumbup:

Ya got me to thinking about some poems I had copied on discs & thought well here goes, I will see if I can get them in my Library & then get them attached to the forum--Praise God little by little I kept doing & redoing & at last accomplished some of what I had done years ago; as it came back slowly with lots of errors made --Maybe more trying will help my mind get a little more sharper than the dullness that it had become! Hallelujah--Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your help!! AMEN! Ma

Just attended church and read the passion, never forget doubting Thomas! Well thought out verses Betty!
Thanks Jeff

Thank you, Jeff! Yes, Thomas was with Jesus & saw His many miracles but still doubted in Who He truly is (God's only begotten Son) & what he could do!! Jesus told him, when he touched the wounds in His hands & placed his hand in His wounded side, you see Me and believe but blessed are they who believe but haven't seen me! We believe by Faith through God's Holy Spirit & not by sight! May God help us always to BELEIVE in Christ Jesus & serve Him, faithfully, while in our mortal bodies so that we might be resurrected unto Him for everlasting life with Him! "HAPPY RESURRECTION DAY!! Jesus died but He arose & is alve forever more! Glory Hallelujah & Praise The Lord, for He loves us with an everlasting love & will save the lost when they truly repent of all their sins & BELIEVE by sincere Faith in Whom He truly is--God with us! Amen! Ma

Happy resurrection Day --Everyone

Ma ,, you do have a gift with your poetry ,, you really should try and get them out for others to enjoy. But , i do understand priorities.
Have a Blessed day.

Thank you, hawgdawg, but just not able now & should have tried earlier to get them published to type them & get them out in book form when God's Holy Spirit began giving them me to write them for His honor & praise! I did send many to relatives, friends, given copies in the churches I attended & where I worked! They are out there but only a limited number & certainly not all I composed--personal ones were for my friends, Bros & Sisters! Some were printed in Newspapers concerning babies, too! I don't compose nor write them now but Poetry Rymes still ring through my head now & then! Ma